You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: (OLD NEWS!)The Limewire Leaks Discussion

Axlin16 wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

"Why does he call him out onstage in regards to his heroin use"

to save the band and slash's life?

Exactly. With the hectic life they led at that point, everyone being fucked up, the only moment's time to address the issue could've been on stage.

Axl also forsaw the direction of the band if this behavior continued - which was nowhere. Could you imagine GN'R, had all of them stayed like Steven was?

There never would've been Use Your Illusion. The band would've been over.

It might've been blunt, and to the point, but not asshole. It was a very necessary move on Axl's part at that time imo.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Ha, ha, a thread about the leaks turned into a Slash vs. Axl cockfest. Classic.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
bucketfan wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

Finck actually does a great job on this!

Yes but I do wonder how many takes it took to get it right, 2000? 10000?

yeah, the more I listen it is a bunch of bends and shit. Nothing really outstanding but it at least doesn't fuck the song up. my expectations of Finck are so low, I guess this is why I feel this solo is pretty good.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Ha, ha, a thread about the leaks turned into a Slash vs. Axl cockfest. Classic.

Bound to. Alot of people (not just here) are convinced Sorry is about Slash.

Which will unearth nearly 20 years of bullshit.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Axl S wrote:

I've got Scraped with no sounds or skips at all just some background fuzz. Like listening to the radio.

Side note: Listen to the lyrics in Sorry. Who thinks it's possibly about the fans and the media?

My personal opinion...

Shackler's Revenge - is about the fans. I don't know if it's a pure out attack, but it's certaintly for a "chosen few".

Don't ever
Try to tell me
How much you care for me
Don't ever
Try to tell me
How much you were there for me

I don't believe there's a reason
I don't believe it
I don't believe there's a reason
I don't believe it

No one is stoppin' you
From doin what you want to do
No one is stoppin you now
Stoppin' you now

Street of Dreams - is about Stephanie Seymour. All of the lyrics.

Scraped - I think is actually a pro-fan, pro-listener song, almost the opposite of Shackler's. I think this song is actually kind of a "give 'em hell" anthem. Never give it up, keep fighting the good fight, kind of song. And balancing that with depression. One moment you feel like a beaten dog, and the next minute you remember YOU'RE the king. You can do anything you accomplish your mind to.

Sorry - is totally about Slash imo.

Madagascar - is about it all as a whole. Whether it be Slash, Steph, the media, bad fans, haters, whatever... I won't be told anymore, that i've been brought down in this storm.

This I Love - I think this is another 'unrequited love' song, not really about anyone in particular. There are parts of this song that could be interpreted to be about Steph, Slash or hell Erin. I really think this was originally the song that was supposed to be sandwiched in-between November Rain & Estranged. This was supposed to be 'Part III' of the Trilogy. Thus the whole 'Estranged is Part IV of the Trilogy' little play on words.

I take these songs the same way you have. 

Maddy is about everything.  Sometimes Axl is addressing the fans, the old band, ex lovers, and even himself and the new band. 

Chinese Democracy follows the same pattern as Maddy.  I think that song is about multiple subjects as well. 

I read the lyrics to Scrapped in the liner notes, and it's really nice to see a song that's really optimistic towards the fan base.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

Guys... there wasn't a 'song' between II and IV.
It's called part IV because it's NOT a sequel to November Rain - they had to change directions. If he wrote This I Love in 1994 that would be several years after he wrote Estranged. It couldn't "originally be the song" because it didn't exist.

The Estranged Video is 'PART IV' - why they called it that in particular - because the video they were planning and intended couldn't work anymore. Steph was gone. Therefore they couldn't shoot the video where she shoots herself in the head while playing Axl's song.

samnuts
 Rep: 1 

samnuts wrote:

yeah i really like the upbeat lyrics in scraped.  i also really appreciate the different vocal techniques for different states of mind.  very cool

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

Guys... there wasn't a 'song' between II and IV.
It's called part IV because it's NOT a sequel to November Rain - they had to change directions. If he wrote This I Love in 1994 that would be several years after he wrote Estranged. It couldn't "originally be the song" because it didn't exist.

The Estranged Video is 'PART IV' - why they called it that in particular - because the video they were planning and intended couldn't work anymore. Steph was gone. Therefore they couldn't shoot the video where she shoots herself in the head while playing Axl's song.

Yeah it can be.

Axl could have originally wrote November Rain and Estranged, but felt there was some piece missing between them.  There was some logical link missing that he wanted to revisit and create to complete the whole ordeal. 

Therefor, he could have taken, with that thought in mind, the concept he felt needed to fall between NR and Estranged and wrote This I Love, the missing link to tie together the two songs.  It makes sense if you look at the messages of NR, TIL and Estranged.  NR is the breakup, TIL is the unrequited love song, and Estranged is about finding yourself after that loss and eventually, acceptance.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

november rain, estranged and don't cry are not lyrically linked at all, they're theatrically linked meaning the videos, not the lyrics. there is no coloration between don't cry, november rain and estranged OR this i love, besides the theatrical videos.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I could swear Axl specifically said in the Making of Estranged Video that there was a 'song', not a video that was originally planned, that couldn't work now (I assume he was referring to Steph), and that was the reason Estranged because 'Part IV' of the Trilogy.

I'm not saying that supposed scapped song was This I Love, but I do think it's quite ironic that This I Love was rumored then, and yet has the striking 'vibe' it has, in comparison to those Illusion songs.

And This I Love, I believe, dates back to 1992, not 1994. The Estranged video wasn't shot until 1993 I believe, and released in 1994. This I Love could've been in the plans for "the next album" that never came... well... until 2008 that is.

Board footer