You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Chinese Democracy Liner Note Discussions *EXTREME SPOILERS*

Axlin16 wrote:

I really don't see it as any different than saying, "Slash would be a great guitar player if he didn't wear that top hat" or "Slash would be a great guitar player if he had short hair"

It's the same thing.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I really don't see it as any different than saying, "Slash would be a great guitar player if he didn't wear that top hat" or "Slash would be a great guitar player if he had short hair"

It's the same thing.

Exactly my point.  It makes no sense.

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:

I'd be happy if Robin didn't come back and Bucket replaced him.  His solos on the album would be dead easy for Ron and Bucket to play, and we would have a live show that sounds exactly like the album, which imho is exactly what is needed.  We don't want GNR to end up as a band that people think can't play for shit live, and without Bucket on board, this is exactly what is going to happen.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

And see that also creates an interesting twist in the saga bucketfan. Going on 'insider heresay', they weren't close at all in 2006, despite a presentation as the album's release was imminent. Bucket was basically begged to return, but turned it down, remaining that he would not return until the album is out.

At this point, if GN'R tour with the intent to support this album, I would be shocked with Bucket & Brain not on board. If they were truely trying to sell this as a band, you'd want your big contributors there. Dizzy & Chris are already there, and it's understandable that Paul wouldn't return because of his personal choice with touring.

If GN'R hit the road in 2009 to support this album, sans Bucket & Brain, I will assume the ones in their place will be Slash & Matt Sorum... not touring at all to support CD, but instead a reunion tour. Honestly.

The silence, and absolute 'crickets chirping' of the GN'R camp with this album a couple weeks away, is stunning to say the least. Considering the fact the liner notes have no 'band' photos, but simply a roster check of all the contributors over the last 10 years, is even more bizarre. Robin is off with NIN, Richard is doing other things, Tommy seems to have disconnected. Nothing right now seems like GN'R are just going to bust out and start doing press, start doing late night shows, maybe some New Year's shows in Vegas. Nothing like that at all seems to be on the horizon.

It also gives more creedence to the theory that this is a "new GN'R best of". The remaining songs will be reworked, or saved for a box set one day.

I know people don't like to hear the reunion shit, I get it, but I truely thought that this band would unearth itself when we knew the album was FINALLY on the way. Axl would start doing interviews, GN'R would be all over the place, t'd be a fun time, and the new band would actually be getting the wheels on the road for the first time in it's existance.

Nothing.

It's as dead silent in the GN'R camp right now, as it was from 2003-2005. Which is shocking with the biggest albatross of their existance about to be lifted in two and a half weeks.

And then of course there's always the chance that the band will not tour, no form, the album will not be supported, it'll just be dropped in stores, and Axl will take himself & the GN'R name and go dark for another decade. But I think that's a real long shot. Irving Azoff would not be on board if that was GNR's future, even if he was just brought in to deliver an album, in theory.

bucketfan

bucketfan wrote:

Agreed Axlin.  And due to the fact that Bucket left because the album not being released, it really wouldn't suprise me if he re-joined now that it's almost with us, for a tour at least.  I'm thinking that Azoff is trying to get Bucket back as we speak, and the GNR camp silence somewhat confirms this for me.  I can't imagine that they would leave all his parts intact if this wasn't the plan all along, unless of course a re-union is on the cards.  It seems logical that if he was truly out of the band with not a chance of returning, re-recording all his parts would be the right thing to do.

Personally I wouldn't bother seeing the band sans Bucket if they were touring to support the album.

bucketfan

bucketfan wrote:

From Brian May's website:

[A reader has seen the sleeve notes of the long-awaited Chinese Democracy album, and wrote in that Brian wasn't credited on Catcher In The Rye. See LETTERS.]

Ah ... well, I did not know this ! Thanks, Thomas.

Well, it is a shame, perhaps ... I did put quite a lot of work in, and was proud of it.

But I could understand if Axl wants to have an album which reflects the work of the members of the band as it is, right now.

I do have mixes of the tracks with my guitar on, work tapes at the time, but they will remain private, out of respect for Axl.

Thanks for your kind wishes, Thomas.

Cheers
Bri

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

^^^^^^^^^Thanks bucketfan. Maybe someday we can hear those takes... sucks that Axl decided it wasn't going to stay

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Great find bucketfan.

And if anybody feels these liner notes are not 'final', it doesn't really matter. The Catcher leak confirms it doesn't have Brian in it.

As for your previous post about the band, I also would not be as quick to see the band. Even a vast setlist change, in these tough times, probably wouldn't get me out there. I saw the new band in 2006, twice.

The only thing that would get me to another show would be the resurrection of the 2002 lineup (plus Ron), or a flat out GN'R reunion.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

the more info about this record that comes to light... the more dissapointed i become that it wasn't released 7 or 8 years ago...

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Interesting about Brian May. I'm looking forward to release day to hear the changes...as I have a tough time thinking the new solo could top the old leak. So it will be interesting to see what direction they took the song in.

As to what someone said a few posts back...Well...this will come off wierd for me given i'm the biggest slash fan of all time...but my wet dream at the moment is a Buckethead and Bumblefoot...GNR....and if they wan't to keep a 3rd dude then add in richard as well. That's a guitar line up in terms of horsepower that would be second to none!

Imagine...Bucket plays what he does on the album, plus whatever he used to do in 2002, Bumble can play all his additons to CD tracks and cover robins solos. I think it would kick fucking ass.

The only thing i'd like to see more..(which would NEVER happen) would be the Slash and Ron/Bucket team up - where Slash does the lead guitar on the AFD/UFI tracks and Ron or Bucket adds the shred on the modern stuff. But that's a dream that won't happen.

But a Bucket and Bumblefoot line up could potentially occur could it not? BBF is a pretty easy going guy - i can imagine him working with bucket ok. And between them they can play any guitar part known to mankind!

Board footer