You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Chinese Democracy Liner Note Discussions *EXTREME SPOILERS*

Sky Dog wrote:

nope....can't be happy, it is a constant teardown.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Lotsa people care. But I can express doubts if I choose, I wont bend my will.

Its a good album but I'm not just not as excited anymore. Fingers crossed for a wonderful rendition of Madagascar and a rip roaring IRS, and I'll be content with it as a whole.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Dude you way undervaluing Chris Pitman, as people continue to do.
This man is as much GN'R as Axl Rose is.

No one can ever be as much GNR as Axl is, as Axl is now the only person to have been involved in every form of the GNR line up.

Pitman has nothing to do with AFD, Lies, UYI 1+2....that doesn't make him on par with Axl - even if he happens to do a lot on CD.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I think it has been an intentional strategy by Axl to have a revolving lineup.  By showing that everyone is replaceable it leaves all the power with him.  If he did start another legacy with a new and permanent lineup, he could quickly find himself in the same spot as he did with the old lineup.  Suddenly the other bands members are saying things like "no we want to do this or we don't want to do that" etc etc.  But with the way he has set things up now it's Axl's way or the highway.  Also by having so many different people on the final record ensures that no other band members outshines him and he continues to remain the star and focus.  There will be no other iconic "Slash" type figure in the band to steal the limelight (some may argue Bucket will come close simply for his talent, even though Ron et al have been thrown into the mix too).

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Dude you way undervaluing Chris Pitman, as people continue to do.
This man is as much GN'R as Axl Rose is.

No one can ever be as much GNR as Axl is, as Axl is now the only person to have been involved in every form of the GNR line up.

Pitman has nothing to do with AFD, Lies, UYI 1+2....that doesn't make him on par with Axl - even if he happens to do a lot on CD.

Considering the fact that those are old albums with old lineups, you pretty much missed my point.

Judging by the liner notes, Axl, Chris, Paul, Freese & Bucket are the MAJOR contributors to this album, which will (at this point) be the 'legacy' of new Guns.

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Arcade Roses wrote:

OK, got it.  Kudos for hooking me up.  U can delete if u want....

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Arcade, empty your PM box. It's full.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

He shared it 'in spirit'.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Axl's parts are excellent

Guitar parts fucking Blow for the most part.

The album feels incomplete.

Catcher was my fave but those new solos are horrendously bad

This I Love could've been an Epic classic with a great guitar melody/solo.

Finck holds a bunch of fucking bends................................. any amateur guitar player could do what he does. The guy is a shit guitarist.

That being said, I love Axl's vocals, lyrics, melodies and emotion.  The rest of the music? It could be a fucking Meatloaf album with Axl singing.

Board footer