You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Re: Chinese Democracy Liner Note Discussions *EXTREME SPOILERS*

Dadud wrote:

I really like the artwork on the pages. it really has that Chinese vibe. Also, i have a theory: theres 3 full page photos. The album cover, back cover, and that 2 page one in the center in the book. Could it be the 3 album covers that were apparently dropped?

PS: D, check your pms

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think that's very possible Dadud. The bicycle cover was the major wanted one, but the red star & Chinese Army could've been alternate covers that were under consideration.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Dude you way undervaluing Chris Pitman, as people continue to do.
This man is as much GN'R as Axl Rose is.

No one can ever be as much GNR as Axl is, as Axl is now the only person to have been involved in every form of the GNR line up.

Pitman has nothing to do with AFD, Lies, UYI 1+2....that doesn't make him on par with Axl - even if he happens to do a lot on CD.

Considering the fact that those are old albums with old lineups, you pretty much missed my point.

Judging by the liner notes, Axl, Chris, Paul, Freese & Bucket are the MAJOR contributors to this album, which will (at this point) be the 'legacy' of new Guns.

Yeah i see what you are getting at. I don't want to get into the whole name debate...but to me that's one of the factors about releasing CD as a "GNR" album - what comes with that branding is it's association with the other records. My point is that in a CD store in December of this year GNR will have 8 records for sale: AFD, LIES, UYI1, UYI2, TSI, Live Era, Greatest Hits and CD...so i guess I was just questioning the phrasing of pitman as equal to Axl to the GNR brand...as he will habe played on 1/8th of those products in the marketplace and Axl peformed on 8 of 8. I guess what i'm saying is that one factor of CD being released as it is is that - that even if its a fantastic record (which i think it will be) it becomes part of the overall GNR legacy.

In terms of contribution to the album, I guess I see the point you are making, in that he is clearly relevent from a songwriting perspective. I'm just saying to the overall brand and concept in terms of the wider public...he's going to remain unknown.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

D-Machine wrote:

Axl's parts are excellent

Guitar parts fucking Blow for the most part.

The album feels incomplete.

Catcher was my fave but those new solos are horrendously bad

This I Love could've been an Epic classic with a great guitar melody/solo.

Finck holds a bunch of fucking bends................................. any amateur guitar player could do what he does. The guy is a shit guitarist.

That being said, I love Axl's vocals, lyrics, melodies and emotion.  The rest of the music? It could be a fucking Meatloaf album with Axl singing.

what an ignorant and stupid post. i am not going to respect your opinion, your opinion in this case is fucking stupid, why do you even spend so much time on a GNR board if you hate the band, idiot.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

^For fuck's sake...

Please go home.

Captain Winkler

Backslash wrote:

fuck's

wow dude, how do you sleep at night? how do you live with yourself after slandering me like that?

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

No one can ever be as much GNR as Axl is, as Axl is now the only person to have been involved in every form of the GNR line up.

Pitman has nothing to do with AFD, Lies, UYI 1+2....that doesn't make him on par with Axl - even if he happens to do a lot on CD.

Considering the fact that those are old albums with old lineups, you pretty much missed my point.

Judging by the liner notes, Axl, Chris, Paul, Freese & Bucket are the MAJOR contributors to this album, which will (at this point) be the 'legacy' of new Guns.

Yeah i see what you are getting at. I don't want to get into the whole name debate...but to me that's one of the factors about releasing CD as a "GNR" album - what comes with that branding is it's association with the other records. My point is that in a CD store in December of this year GNR will have 8 records for sale: AFD, LIES, UYI1, UYI2, TSI, Live Era, Greatest Hits and CD...so i guess I was just questioning the phrasing of pitman as equal to Axl to the GNR brand...as he will habe played on 1/8th of those products in the marketplace and Axl peformed on 8 of 8. I guess what i'm saying is that one factor of CD being released as it is is that - that even if its a fantastic record (which i think it will be) it becomes part of the overall GNR legacy.

In terms of contribution to the album, I guess I see the point you are making, in that he is clearly relevent from a songwriting perspective. I'm just saying to the overall brand and concept in terms of the wider public...he's going to remain unknown.

You're not entirely wrong on that. As far as the brand name goes, the only marketable icon on the GN'R roster in the new band is Buckethead.

But then again it was always that way. New Guns duo is Axl & Bucket, an the old was Axl & Slash.

Duff, Izzy... were never really marketed. And drummers have always been treated as 'employees'.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

regarding the hidden track. i am predicting it's true. i predicted it before this rumor hit. it was reported that cd had 15 tracks by reliable sources. now there are 14? the 15th became the hidden.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Knowing this album, it'd be Silkworms or a remixed-OMG.

Captain Winkler

pitman said silkworms will not be anywhere on this album.

Board footer