You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Re: BestBuy.com is now shipping CD

Acquiesce wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I highly doubt they'd keep track of something like that. They probably shipped, in order to coincide with the 22nd or 24th, basically "around" the release date.

You're right. Online stores tend to ship things out early to get them to you in time for the release date.

There isn't any tracking info on mine so I am starting to think I might not receive it until Monday.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

when i ordered the last 2 harry potter books i received them on the saturday....that is really unusual in canada because the post doesnt generally arrive on weekends. anyway i would think this will be similar, you will most likely receive the CD on or before the 23rd

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

I hope you're right, Neemo! They shipped it through UPS though and that typically doesn't deliver on the weekends, but maybe they started their Holiday weekend delivery. If it came through the post I would be more confident in receiving it because they deliver on Saturdays here.  LittleFly received hers. I'm so jealous because hers came from the New Jersey warehouse and I'm closer to NJ than she is.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

when i ordered the last 2 harry potter books i received them on the saturday....that is really unusual in canada because the post doesnt generally arrive on weekends. anyway i would think this will be similar, you will most likely receive the CD on or before the 23rd

Well see in the states, most USPS don't deliever on Sundays (the release date). And UPS doesn't deliver on weekends.

That puts the buyers in the position of (UPS) getting it on Friday or Monday. And standard postal delivery, on Saturday or Monday.

Nobody is getting shit on Sunday most likely, except those of us, like myself, that are making a 4 hour round trip jaunt to Best Buy to pick it up.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:

That kills me.  I ordered a delivered copy (I still have my other two copies for in-store pick up) last night, and it's already shipped.   My tracking links via USPS calls up the UPS website (wtf?!?!), and I called Best Buy.  The woman I spoke with didn't know why UPS came up, said it shipped by USPS, and that it should arrive between the 24th and Dec. 1st.  Still, I remain hopeful....

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Man... it's just fuckin' weird to see a new Guns N' Roses album sealed and being sold. CD or anything else.

It's been awhile. (GH don't count), it's been nearly 10 years since Live Era, the last GN'R product I picked up.

Fuck... I think it's starting to sink in. Just surreal this whole thing.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Ew. It's a fucking jewel case.

Sky Dog wrote:

On a side note, a well respected member over at the velvet rope claims only 700,000 units have been shipped in the US. Thus, it probably cannot sell any more than that-obviously-first week. I'm gonna say it sells 600,000 first week.

Board footer