You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Re: Happy CD Day

Roxxie wrote:

Happy CD day to all...I was only waiting 4 years, but it still felt like a long long time!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

we made it y'all...holy fuck what a journey

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

Wow fun times

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I bought CD with my son, Elliot, 6, by my side. The last time I bought a new GNR CD, I hadn't even graduated college yet.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Can't beleive we're here, there were plenty of times I never thought we'd see this day. My copy should arrive in the post tomorrow, I'm going to lock myself away with some headphones and listen to it in its entirity.

Whatever happens in the future with this band, we've all followed and even been part of one of the bizzarest story in music history, most of it going under the radar to everyone else whilst we waited on every snippet of info we could get. It really is in a sense the end of an era, whether it's the start of a new era or a closing chapter remains to be seen, but for now I'm just enjoying hearing GNR being talked about again in a positive way.

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:

I had a really fun buying experience.  I went to a Best Buy in NW PA and picked up my (2) pre-ordered copies.  I had them in my hands and was ready to leave in seconds, but saw the big table full of Democracy CDs and the huge stack of vinyl copies, as well as the standing display.   What's more, is I saw so many people walking around with both versions, fans in T-shirts, etc., and I had to take a closer look (not bad for a Sunday at 9:50 am).  I held the vinyl in my hands, and knew I wanted to take one with me.  Others saw me pick it up and started talking.  One fan was hoping he had the money to buy the vinyl, too, while another guy told me about how his wife made GNR cufflinks for him and his groomsmen for their wedding.  It was amazing to see how much Guns means to fans, and how important today is for so many.

A good day indeed!

this day is weird in a good way

myillusions
 Rep: 5 

myillusions wrote:

Happy CD Day to everyone and I hope you enjoy the new album.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Picked the album up at around 11 and played it on a nice sound system, ripped it lossless into iTunes - good times. Glad I finally got to hear it, and very glad I waited to hear Sorry and This I Love.

samnuts
 Rep: 1 

samnuts wrote:

What a great day.  I still have trouble believing this is actually happening.  It was such a weird feeling peeling off the packaging and putting the cd in my cd player.  I actually have a physical, retail copy of Chinese Democracy.  Wow.  Its gonna be hard to focus on anything else today. 

Oh and russtcb... I cracked up reading your post.  Enjoy your Sunday morning whiskey!

Board footer