You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Happy CD Day

I just got mine, haven't listened to it yet, ahh when you have kids, you just can't do things immediately but I plan on listening very soon.   I can't believe I have this in my hands!   It's been a long crazy journey on here, cheers everyone!

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I ripped mine to 256 kbps AAC in iTunes. I usually just import everything at 192 kbps AAC but for now I'll treat this one special.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

well said Von Solo. 22

what a journey. i think back to the late 90's when i first started searching the internet for more timely updates, and found various message boards over the years. boards like this one that i check daily.

and then all the conversations with friends about status of the album. i remember one very well. i was at a bar in philly on my way to a slayer concert with 7 other friends. it was a joke at that point, and i was telling everyone it would be out by the end of the year or early '02 for sure. i never would have believed i had another 7+ years to wait, or that i would have 2 kids by the time it was released.

but it is a great day indeed. i can't believe i am typing this as the album is sitting by my side! it's a great feeling!

it feels like a holiday. i bought the album on vinyl with my two daughters at my side, and went to my dad's to listen to it with family.

it's been a fun day.....Happy CD Day to everyone! 5

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

my journey to best buy was glorious as well...

i was at first disapointed by a fan who picked up the album and looke at it for about 4 minutes...

he then put it down and i thought...ouch!...because I sat around the stand for awhile waiting for my brothers to pick it up...

I then talked to the cashier who told me that she was tired of scanning this album today...LOL

made my day!!!!

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:

Can't believe I am going to buy it today after all these years. Always knew I would buy it if I was alive when it came out. I will also listen to it having never heard a leak.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Happy CD day to you all!

I drink a Dr. Pepper on the way to Best Buy, while I listened to a mix of GN'R classics such as Jungle, Easy, Mr. B, Live and Let Die, Patience, Sweet Child, Rocket Queen, KOHD-live, You're Crazy [acoustic], Used To Love Her, Civil War, Yesterdays, Don't Cry, November Rain, Estranged & Coma.

Getting the album, being told by a Best Buy employee that the album was flying off the shelf, and then cranking it right after Coma finished... the perfect day.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Happy CD Day!!  It's been great meeting all of you on the forums. It's been a heck of a ride.  22

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

happy cd day, everyone....
got up this mornin'.. took the 45 minute drive to best buy... bought a copy of the cd and lo and behold... the VINYL!!! so i had to get that too..
so that's 3 copies... one copy and the vinyl are staying sealed and getting framed.. right next to appetite...
the iconic nature of this album to me and i'm sure quite a few of you compels me to do this...i never thought this day would come, and it's here.. i am overjoyed...

Board footer