You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: For the record.....

war wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I guess that explains why they were removed from the recording contract in the same press release that Slash was, right?  Or was it some other press release?  Very objective.  Nice job.

there ya go, buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

i'm off to work

pm me with any more of your (waste of my time) tidbits, k?

the mods don't like us ruining the threads like this.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

yeah and i was responded to a moderator's comment on the same subject. i think i am safe. what you want to follow shortly...........

Incoherent rambling that I cannot even make fun of much less respond to.  Nice one...I guess you got me again.  Congrats.

English.  Learn it, use it.

war

war wrote:

i'm in a hurry buzz
i don't take as long to post as you do. but once again, YOU'VE CHANGED THE SUBJECT!!!!!

i fixed it for you as well
so you can read it

buzzsaw wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

I don't understand why you become so angry when someone says you aren't a fan, why not just say, yes I am not a fan of GNR now.  Because really you aren't of fan of GNR in the present, regardless of your reasons for disliking what GNR has become.   It is what it is and either you like it or you don't.   I don't look at you any differently for not liking any of this.   It's your opinion, I am just simply saying, why does that statement surprise you when people say it, you'd have to expect it really.

Because there is no GnR now.  There's nothing to be a fan of or not be a fan of in the GnR world.  Give me a real band (even if it's Frank, Dizzy, Pitman, BBF, and Axl) and I'll give you an opinion on the band Guns N' Roses.  Axl Rose is Guns N' Roses legally.  There is no band.  When I talk about it, I have to preface it by saying "well, the REAL Guns N' Roses" and amazingly, regular real world people either get it and laugh or don't have a clue that there's a fake GnR right now (and by fake, I mean Axl and the session players that released the album, so don't even try to say there isn't a fake one).

I would love to see the opinions of people if they released this as Axl Rose's debut album.  I'd be willing to be the opinions (including my own perhaps) might be a little bit different than they are now.  There would certainly be a lot less anomosity, that's for sure and I'd likely be a little more forgiving of the major mistakes with the album.

Just because this band isn't made up of it's original members doesn't mean that GNR of now doesn't have merit.  You're forgetting Axl and Dizzy [techinally] is of the original members.   Axl is a founding member but again, it's getting into the name thing.   Granted, I am not saying things haven't been completely fucked up in GNR world and I am sure Axl has alot to do with that.    Sure it's been a crazy ride getting here but it's here so why dwell on what justifies what is and what's not GNR...Again. 

To be honest, I don't think the opinions would be any different.   I still think the comparisons would still fly around.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I guess that explains why they were removed from the recording contract in the same press release that Slash was, right?  Or was it some other press release?  Very objective.  Nice job.

there ya go, buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

i'm off to work

pm me with your next (waste of my time) tidbits, k?

They would be dead dude and wish he was dead dude.  How would Slash and Duff be removed from the contract in the same press release that Slash was removed from?  Was Slash on there twice?  Did he clone himself?  Was one sober Slash and the other was doped up Slash?  Wonder twin powers, activate...form of two Slashs?

I could do this for hours, but out of respect for others (and thank God you're going to work) this conversation is over.

war

war wrote:

who's "they"? you can' start a sentence with "they" unlesss it is already presented, which it wasn't.

and, yes, you could do this for hours. that is why nobody likes you.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Sure it's been a crazy ride getting here but it's here so why dwell on what justifies what is and what's not GNR...Again.

Honestly?  Because now it's real.  A legacy can't be tarnished by an imaginary album, but it can by a piece of crap album.  These songs are ok to good (except Shacklers), but are ruined by production and too much shit going on - add to that a booklet written by war, and you get a joke of an album that was already the butt of all the jokes in the industry.

That isn't the band I love.

war

war wrote:

i'm here buzz
i told you to pm me if you have something to say

perfect grammar doesn't trump intelligent and objective thought either
i have better things to do than using spellcheck on a gnr fan forum

buzzsaw wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Sure it's been a crazy ride getting here but it's here so why dwell on what justifies what is and what's not GNR...Again.

Honestly?  Because now it's real.  A legacy can't be tarnished by an imaginary album, but it can by a piece of crap album.  These songs are ok to good (except Shacklers), but are ruined by production and too much shit going on - add to that a booklet written by war, and you get a joke of an album that was already the butt of all the jokes in the industry.

That isn't the band I love.

It can't be tarnished if you don't let it.   I can't understand why you can't see both as two separate things even though it's "GNR".    Even if people consider GNR now a joke, you know they don't consider GNR of the past a joke so what does it matter.   I don't think Slash, Duff or any of the guys think like that, they've never said that.   I know they don't agree on Axl using the name but I really don't think they think it affects their legacy at all, not one bit.   They know what their band was, as does the world and this would never affect that.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

who's "they"? you can' start a sentence with "they" unlesss it is already presented, which it wasn't.

and, yes, you could do this for hours. that is why nobody likes you.

Amazingly, I have people lining up behind me.  Wait, let me guess...you didn't read those posts properly either? 

Ok, enough of that.  So now you're going to use correct grammar?  OK, lets run with that.  Duff was never mentioned in the conversation, so the only "they" that were brought up were dead dude and wish he were dead dude.  So tell me when I brought up both Slash and Duff in the discussion?  Who else could "they" have been referring to other than the only "they" that were brought up?

In other words, using your own logic, you still were having a conversation with yourself that had nothing to do with the rest of the conversation.  I know you're going to respond with some blabber about me not getting it even though I've used your own words to prove you wrong...I've got your game down.

Board footer