You are not logged in. Please register or login.

NickNasty2009
 Rep: 2 

Re: Is "Sorry" Axl's F.U. to the fans?

i'd put more money on it being about Slash than the fans--but in either case does it matter? Create your own story to the song!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

That would be the funny twist to it all.

Axl honestly wrote it like a Brownstone or Bad Obsession.

Yet everyone jumps to Slash & the fans.... feeling guilty?

Truth is the truth hurts, don't you agree?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

While being an Axl song it is probably working on a few different levels at once, to me there is a lot more to suggest it's directed at the fans/general public/media perception of him than there is to say anything directly about slash. Hell..the "Nobody owes you" is something jarmo has been saying for a while to people...

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I think it's direcetd at everyone. I mentioned this a while back in another thread when the album leaked.  It's at the old band(mainly Slash), it's at us and it's at the media. This line in paticular I think is directed at all 3 of us. "You tell them stories they'd rather believe.  Use and confuse them.  They're numb and naive.".  The media and Slash tell the stories,  and we're the numb and naive ones. On my very first listen I felt this song was Axl's shot at everyone.   And I'm 100% convinced this line: Nobody owes you not one god damn thing" is directed at us the fans.

I think the song is about whatever people want to believe it's about.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

the "Nobody owes you" is something jarmo has been saying for a while to people...

Coincidence?? tongue He chooses his words carefully.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I like the song, but I would have thought he could rise above that kind of personal attack on those around him by now. Its as if the music has developed but the themes are the same.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

i really don't think sorry is about the fans.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:

As I said before Riad>sorry>IRS is most likely about ex-gnr members....

"Riad and the Bedouins had a plan and thought they'd win, but I don't give a fuck about them because I am crazy!"

"You know where to put your shut up and sing"

IRS speaks for itself...

This is a merited theory imo

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Shackler's I think is inspired partially by the fans, and Sorry could be, however I still think it's mainly a dig at Slash. Probably both us and Slash. And Steph too.

I agree with CC here.  I think trying to distill most of these more complex songs into just one subject is oversimplification (like Madagascar, CD, Sorry, etc).  There's lines that seems like they could be directed three different ways.  There's some lines that seems more personal and obviously a dig at one person. 

Shackler's i am inclined to believe is actually Zodiac that was mentioned way back when.  The lyrics are very fitting to that theme.

Board footer