You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Re: Gene Simmons lashes out at Axl Rose

Brett wrote:

I never bought Axl's inane excuses for going onstage late, either. As much of a drama queen as he is, that's the one thing there is no excuse for.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

What show was it in 2006, where Axl went on late, because he needed his lamb dinner first?

I laughed out loud when I read that. And don't tell me (he needs to eat), almost every concert ever known to mankind, even for BROKE ASS bands, are catered with drinks and at least snacks, if not a buffet.

For a band like GN'R, even now, they are probably able to have a mountain stacked with lobster. And if all else fails, it ain't like Axl can't drop into a fast food joint like anyone else in the world to grab something to eat. Every country has some sort of preferred fast food.

It was a classic case of him being... well - him.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Acquiesce wrote:

Come on let's call it for what it is. He goes on late because he is a primadonna. The whole nonsense about him needing to be in the right frame of mind to give us the best show is horseshit. There is no reason why he couldn't put on a great show on time. It's just primadonna bullshit.

I actually really disagree on that smile I'm not just trying to suck up to Axl - if I thought he was an asshole or whatever i'd gladly say it.

But I see the situation like this: We havn't met him - so we don't know what he is like. But we know second hand from the media and other's who have spent a lot of time around him that he is a sensitive and artistic kind of guy. Then you factor in things we have to make a judgment - his history of being involved in abuse and violence one way or another, the arrests, and the emotional nature of his lyrics that often portray both anger and pain and hurt, and I wouldn't at all find it a stretch to imagine that this is a person who at times feels capiable of rocking the balls off 20,000 people and that he is made of steal, and the next day may not want to look at himself in the mirror much less peform in front of even 1 person.

I don't know that for a fact. But a lot of the evidence suggests that kind of personality to me.

I think that's essentially what he means when he makes the 'excuses'. Saying "I come out when I know I can deliever the best experience for fans etc" is a PR spin on the same thing....to my ears anyway - I feel like what it really means is that he is unable to do his thing certain days.

I understand what you mean. Elements of his behavour look primadonasih at first glance, but I also think, that the circumstantial evidence shows there are reasons for the way he acts and that it's not that he does it just to be a prick.

I also get why fans can get shitty. You pay to travel to a show, drive for miles, fly etc etc and then it doesn't happen. shitty. But I also think the complex feelings and emotions that give axl the power to move people the way he does, may sometimes criple him from doing so until he gets in the right frame of mind. Not everyone will be prepared to wait - but for me - when he does get to that place - the payout makes it worth the times the shows were cancelled etc. Your results may vary smile

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Acquiesce wrote:

Come on let's call it for what it is. He goes on late because he is a primadonna. The whole nonsense about him needing to be in the right frame of mind to give us the best show is horseshit. There is no reason why he couldn't put on a great show on time. It's just primadonna bullshit.

No truer words have been spoken. he's the only one that consistently pulls this shit. It's nothing more than ego and and an over the top diva like attitude.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Jeez, I can see lines have been drawn in this forum.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
killingvector wrote:

Jeez, I can see lines have been drawn in this forum.

Not from my end. It's the diversity of opinion in this forum that I value. If every answer to every thread was just "yep" - in either a positive or negative vibe it would get old fast. So i really value the chance to chat to guys on here about the band...even when we disagree strongly about various aspects of it. 19 3

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

Gene thinks up his ideas. He just doesn't put his name on stuff other people think up.

Facts are Gene is one of the most successful musicians of all time, Axl plays for 5k people.

Thats because Kiss have always treated their fans with the utmost respect and have always busted their ass every single show pleasing them whereas Axl does not.

U can talk shit about Kiss all u want but the facts remain the facts.

the only facts out of your mouth that remain facts are the same facts you never mentioned til now which i never would have disputed.

why do you have to keep changing your angles? it doesn't change the truth in what i had to say. by the way, say hi to gene for me, will ya? since you know him so well and what goes on in his head.

Big Gun
 Rep: 11 

Big Gun wrote:

i dont buy the he has to be in a certain frame of mind to do a show. when i saw gnr in 2006 they came out at 8 o'clock and it was a great show. so he can show up on time and do a great show, but he chooses not too. it's been reported that he sleeps all day and stays up all night, so if you get up at 6 p.m of course you wont be able to start a show at 9. he needs at least two meals and a blow job before he does the show 16 , that aint gonna happen in 3 hours.
this is rocknroll so axl should show up whenever he wants (according to del) then what if the people that work in setting up the stage, sound,provinding his dinners, in the name of rocknroll showed up for work 3 or 4 hours late?

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Slashisvr wrote:

He's just pissed coz KISS arent hot topic right now tongue

when was your last new material album released gene tongue

I wouldn't go there. Since the original UYI material in 1991, KISS have put out 3 original studio albums, and are working on a 4th.

Axl did one.

yeah, but my point being axl has better things to do than put his face on a snowboard tongue

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Well, i'll agree that Axl hasn't 'went there' yet, but him and Stephanie all over each other in Makin' The Fuckin' Videos - Don't Cry, was close.

Board footer