You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Gene Simmons lashes out at Axl Rose

monkeychow wrote:
Big Gun wrote:

i dont buy the he has to be in a certain frame of mind to do a show. when i saw gnr in 2006 they came out at 8 o'clock and it was a great show. so he can show up on time and do a great show, but he chooses not too.

No offence but I don't think that really follows. My theory - was that his mindset is tempremental and so some days he experiences great highs and can do shows easily, others great lows and finds it hard to peform and others somewhere in the middle. And i think the delays are times when it wasn't comming easily. So the show you speak of was a 'good day' for him - doesn't mean every day is so easy. I know that from my own life anyway - some days things are easier than others. I dunno...maybe it is a choice. But I figure why would he choose to piss off half his fans and cop a lot of bad reviews, start riots. It actually makes more trouble for him than the ego boost that he'd get by being a primadona. It makes a lot more sence if he just sometimes has bad moments in his personal life and the delays are connected to that.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

you guys both have it wrong

it's not "i am feeling great today - i'm gonna go on time"

it's more like - "i'll go on when i am ready"

some days it's 12:45 and others 11:30.

once in a great while, it's on time but only by conincidence.
axl is nocturnal and so just isn't normally ready by 8:00.

he gets away with it because he can. if he was forced to show up on time his performacne would probably suffer but not that much.

i noticed in '06 the tickets didn't even list a time for gnr

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It's real simple.

If all us, across the world, regularly showed up to our jobs 3 hours late, we'd be living in a cardboard box, because we'd never keep a job.

Us: "Yeah, but boss, I wasn't mentally ready to show up for work at 8"
Boss: "I don't give a damn, you're still fired"
Us: "Well, can I get a letter of recommendation?"
Boss: [laughs] *hangs up*

war

war wrote:

very true but there is a difference

people are willing to put up with his shit and they still get what they paid for. axl shows up 2 hours late we still get a full set list. you show up late and things have probably carried on but not with the axlin touch and contribution. if significant amounts of people left the gnr shows due to the lateness and got refunds he would have to stop pulling that shit or either lose money from less tickets sold or not have tours made available to him by the promoters/venues.

i'm the boss at my job and
i show up when i want to

the boss (good ones anyways) works harder and longer hours than the staff so that's the payoff.

ofcourse, when i want to go in to work is based on what i need to accomplish and when.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

When GN'R played here in Budapest, they started 3 hours late, at mindnight, and played a shorter set. Even Patience was left out.

war

war wrote:

you suck 14

but that is a rarity and doesn't change my point

I saw GNR as MSG and they played pretty much on time.   I don't recall waiting long at all for them after Papa Roach.

Now Hammerstein we waited awhile.

I do think that it comes with the GNR territory.   I know I am going to wait awhile and most if not all GNR fans know this so I am already prepared and not shocked when it happens.   I do feel for any new fans that don't expect this to happen. But  ya know it's part of what makes Axl...well Axl.   Like his song says, he isn't gonna change for anyone.   He has his reasons and I do believed if he was forced the show wouldn't be as good if he's not mentally prepared.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
war wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

Gene thinks up his ideas. He just doesn't put his name on stuff other people think up.

Facts are Gene is one of the most successful musicians of all time, Axl plays for 5k people.

Thats because Kiss have always treated their fans with the utmost respect and have always busted their ass every single show pleasing them whereas Axl does not.

U can talk shit about Kiss all u want but the facts remain the facts.

the only facts out of your mouth that remain facts are the same facts you never mentioned til now which i never would have disputed.

why do you have to keep changing your angles? it doesn't change the truth in what i had to say. by the way, say hi to gene for me, will ya? since you know him so well and what goes on in his head.

U can buy Baby Onesies at Spencers with the GNR name. U can buy wallets, key chains, hats, clocks, towels ,throws

So yeah, Axl doesn't put the GNR name on anything does he?

Gene is just the fucking king at marketing and publicity.

Kiss are also one of my favorite all time bands and I've saw Gene operate for over 20 years of my life and he is where he is and the fans and people love Gene for a reason. Kiss go above and beyond the call of duty to give u your dollar's worth every single show.

THere's a reason Metallica, U2, Bon Jovi and bands like that still sell out every single seat at every single show and reasons why GNR who are on that level can barely sell half the tickets.

U figure that reason out.

war

war wrote:

ok man

another approach that has nothing in contrary to my point though

gnr doesn't take care of it's fans so less and less show up to their concerts every tour, i know this.

i don't need you to tell me that or anything else you have said. it's like i am defending my posts at this point only bcause you keep copying the for no real reason, other than you like kiss.

key chains and posters have nothing to do with selling out either. every band has these items. pinball games and dolls is another story.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

war, Im not trying to claim Gene Simmons isn't a sell out. He is but he has done that since the beginning of Kiss. It isn't like he only started doing it after their popularity went down.

He is in it to make money but by valuing money he also values the fan's money which is the most important thing. When you throw down your money for a Kiss ticket, u are getting more than your money's worth.

They sound amazing live number 1. Always energetic PLUS they put a lot of that money into the show with the pyro, lights etc etc

Board footer