You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: The Star Wars Thread *NO SPOILERS ALLOWED!*

Neemo wrote:

I heard that Disney bought Lucas film for $4billion today, and episode 7 is due in 2015...

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I heard that Disney bought Lucas film for $4billion today, and episode 7 is due in 2015...

Do these later episodes focus on Princess Leia?  I thought I remember hearing that years ago.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Do these later episodes focus on Princess Leia?  I thought I remember hearing that years ago.

I personally think they will be based on future events that take place way after Return of the Jedi with the characters from the previous trilogies long gone to give it a clean slate and new adventures to focus on.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

the heir to the empire book trilogy is about han and leia and their kids, luke tries to reestablish jedi order, the remnants of the empire try to restablish order...i dunno if those books are what they plan on using tho

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:

the heir to the empire book trilogy is about han and leia and their kids, luke tries to reestablish jedi order, the remnants of the empire try to restablish order...i dunno if those books are what they plan on using tho

That could be interesting.  I think it'd be a good idea to use the already known characters, while introducing new ones.  Like they did with that last 3 movies.  The storylines could be changed around a bit since most people don't know them.  Unless they're good stories of course.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Disney wouldn't have the audacity to reboot the Star Wars franchise with the original stories from Episodes 4-6 would they?  That's one thing that crossed my mind the other day and I thought that would be the ultimate in suckage.  At first I thought worrying that Disney could ruin the franchise would be like worrying another iceberg would dive down and hit the Titanic but then I thought what if they remake the originals  18

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Good God I never thought of that (remaking the originals)
Blowing my mind to even imagine it.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I know right and the scary part is you know it'd be a huge success money wise. People would flock to see it. Sad thing is it would ruin the originals for all future generations. It would be like remaking the Wizard of Oz. It would totally ruin the charm and appeal of the original because why would kids wanna watch a movie that's 30+ years old when they can watch a  modern version with all the modern special effects. I personally think the originals look better than the prequels but I know a LOT of younger people who think the old ones look cheap compared to episodes 1-3. that blows my mind. Episodes 1-3 look like a video games. Episodes 4-6 look real to me.  maybe cause the props were actually real 16

I don't know. I just thought of it and thought "Oh shit what if...."

Lomax wrote:
Bono wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I know right and the scary part is you know it'd be a huge success money wise. People would flock to see it. Sad thing is it would ruin the originals for all future generations. It would be like remaking the Wizard of Oz. It would totally ruin the charm and appeal of the original because why would kids wanna watch a movie that's 30+ years old when they can watch a  modern version with all the modern special effects. I personally think the originals look better than the prequels but I know a LOT of younger people who think the old ones look cheap compared to episodes 1-3. that blows my mind. Episodes 1-3 look like a video games. Episodes 4-6 look real to me.  maybe cause the props were actually real 16

Hmm interesting theory. No way Lucas made that a possibility however.
Contrary to popular belief, the man isn't in it for the money. He gives his money away for the most part. He was in it to make good Star Wars movies. No way he'd all for the possibility of a reboot.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Bono wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

You know that wouldn't shock me if they pulled that out of their ass. Since you see a remake or reboot of a franchise every 2 months now in cinema.   It would be frightening to watch. I know Lucas would never let that happen since he isn't that much of a perfectionist to start over the series from scratch. Like many fans, I hope Disney sees that the fans want the original versions of the trilogy without all the recuts and additions released in the near future. Hopefully the people running Lucasfilm make sure that thought doesn't cross the minds of Disney executives. The prequels do hold up pretty well to this day especially Empire and A New Hope. Episode 1 & 2 haven't though. Episode 3 has its flaws; but I found that a blessing after going through my many disappointments with most of Episode 2 and it's god awful mello drama.

Board footer