You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: The Star Wars Thread *NO SPOILERS ALLOWED!*

Bono wrote:

Isn't that something though that the ones that were made 30 years ago hold up better than the ones made  a decade ago. Even the special effects in the originals are good by today's standards where as the special effects in episodes 1-3 look like cheap computer animation.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah but that's the case in all cases, at least imo, with maybe the possible exception of Nolan's Batman reboot.

I remember when they started doing modern day Predator & Alien movies post the early 90's... it was laughable. Everything was CGI, and it just looked like video games.

I honestly wished everyone would go back to doing films they way they did 20-30 years ago. I liked them better, they were more realistic, and honestly I watch VERY little from the modern day because of it.

Another thing that irritates me is CGI airplanes. Come the fuck on, if a TV series like Airwolf or something 25 years ago, a weekly series with a lesser budget, can do REAL choppers and REAL stunts and make it look real... why the fuck do I have to look at CGI airplanes in BIG budget films in 2012?

One of the most embarassing things in The Dark Knight Rises was that obvious CGI plane shot at the end with The Bat. It was SO fake looking, and with a film with that budget, it shouldn't have been.

The stuff was better two decades ago.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Not sure how I feel about that. I don' tknow if I could ever get sick of Star wars, but that's cuttin it close.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Only one year apart could mean a compromise in the quality of the Episode VII-IX films perhaps, and it might be overkill having a bunch of other Star Wars related films around that time too..

If they can do them well though, and get some quality films out of them, I'm all for it.
Shame they've left it so late, could you imagine Harrison Ford busting out some standalone classic Han Solo films during his Indy days? That would've been awesome!

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

metallex78 wrote:

Only one year apart could mean a compromise in the quality of the Episode VII-IX films perhaps, and it might be overkill having a bunch of other Star Wars related films around that time too..

If they can do them well though, and get some quality films out of them, I'm all for it.
Shame they've left it so late, could you imagine Harrison Ford busting out some standalone classic Han Solo films during his Indy days? That would've been awesome!

Hell yeah. As for the Marvel concept it worked greatly for both parties and audiences. Each film came out and was a success due to the different producers behind them. That's why Marvel now wants Whedon to be the godfather/watchful eye on Marvel's film projects like Mr. Nolan is to DC with Man of Steel and maybe Justice League.

With the new trilogy situation, having them one year apart is kind of bizarre. Feels kind of rushed. I personally wish they would pull of and finish Episode VII, see the reactions, and results and then decide to move forward. I mean..they haven't even started filming the damn thing yet. They are looking a little too far into the situation and where the money goes. If Episode VII and VIII fail in terms of quality (not just box office numbers) then those solo stand alone projects probably aren't going to happen. I mean Disney & Lucasfilm already canned a bunch of potential SW projects for TV or keep delaying them. But..if Episode VII is done right by Abrams with using some of the original cast properly and saving the franchise, then yeah I'm all for anything they want to do next. I just wish they take their time a little. I personally thought the 2 to 3 year concept between the each film in the trilogy was a good idea. Gave more room for ideas and the tech to work. Despite the prequels not being up to par.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Watched this last night. I remember the one from last time. Hilarious! lol

Neemo
 Rep: 485