You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Best Buy exclusive dramatically limited 1st week sales!

Axlin16 wrote:

I hate to break it to him.... it didn't work.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Acquiesce wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

At least we got a show out of it, but 2002 & 2006-07 were complete false advertisement too.

The Chinese Democracy WORLD TOUR!

6 years before it's going to be released

Maybe Axl's just really innovative by promoting the album long before it's released. tongue

Pre promotion

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I hate to break it to him.... it didn't work.

really?
didn't it?

i recall him getting a huge advance for a product which didn't exist, booking and cashing in on two(ish) large tours which were very well attended...all off the back of an album which didn't exist...

Axl was selling us CD for the last 10 years, and we all lapped it up...whether we liked it or not, we went for anything he threw at us...

i'd say that it worked pretty well...

now that the album is out in the open, he may need a new strategy....but he's made good cash out of us selling us something which never existed...

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Very well attended, is a GROSS exaggeration.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

I don't think he made out on that 01/02 fiasco. I suspect Clear Channel may actually sued him to get back his advance.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

best buy in trouble--traffic in store down:

http://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/s … aily9.html

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Horrible timing for GNR. I was in BB today, and no one was there. I literally saw 1 other customer and about 20 employees.

On the bright side, I found a Journey CD I hadn't picked up yet for $5.99! Score!

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't think it's Best Buy, it's this god fucking awful economy.

Most people, if they are buying this Christmas, they are buying on the 'net.

I know tons of friends and family, that - no lie, aren't buying anything this Christmas because of financial difficulties. And if they are buying, they are buying very little. Alot of people are having to cut back their extra purchases, just to maintain their current way of life.

I seriously expect internet illegal downloads to skyrocket in the next year for movies, music & games.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Well, the economy is driving down traffic at Best Buy, which really has hurt CD.  Only 900 outlets, with limited traffic this year.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

The Best Buy I go to is like a fucking ghost house as well.  I've said all along that this exclusive hurt sales.  Of course hindsight is always 20-20.  If it were at Wally World it would have sold twice as much.

Board footer