You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

Gibbo wrote:

I live in australia and none of my mate even now there a album out no promation at all here its a joke all they had to do is release Better music video and it would iv done so much better what is wrong with them i dont understand its sad

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

i have 3 cd stores in my town 10,000 people and not one of them has had the cd in stock i had to order it online thats how bad it is and they wonder why its had bad sales 17

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The band was great, but it wasn't the old band, and wasn't even the 2002 band. And I think that was the fault. Had that 2006 band come out, and made 2002 look foolish, it would've been different.

The 02 band wrote the songs and i'll give credit to that....but generally the live peformances are preferable to 2002.

Both Axl and Robin's peformances were noticibly stronger in 2006 than in 2002.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
gibbo wrote:

I live in australia and none of my mate even now there a album out no promation at all here its a joke

yeah there was like no sign of anythign here. My local store didn't even belive me that it was comming out. Makes u wonder if some budget had been spent how it would have gone!

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
misterID wrote:

An Axl solo album = The same guys, bitching about the same shit, constantly giving conspiracy theories as to why everything leads to a reunion. The GNR name would just be one less bitching point for you guys. Other than that....

Nah, most people wouldn't give 2 shits about an Axl solo let alone be interested enough to follow through 15 years of this debacle.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Still though, GNR get the blame cause THEY and the label chose Best Buy cause they offered the most money

So I don't give them a pass for poor sales.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The band was great, but it wasn't the old band, and wasn't even the 2002 band. And I think that was the fault. Had that 2006 band come out, and made 2002 look foolish, it would've been different.

The 02 band wrote the songs and i'll give credit to that....but generally the live peformances are preferable to 2002.

Both Axl and Robin's peformances were noticibly stronger in 2006 than in 2002.

Agree and disagree. Axl vocally was stronger in 2006, I agree. But "the band", Robin included, were much stronger and tighter in 2002 imo. Even the little things. Robin sounded better, Bucket is the most talented guitarist they've ever had, Richard, Tommy & Brain seemed more enthused imo.

2006 in hind sight seemed like a paycheck.

Acquiesce wrote:
misterID wrote:

An Axl solo album = The same guys, bitching about the same shit, constantly giving conspiracy theories as to why everything leads to a reunion. The GNR name would just be one less bitching point for you guys. Other than that....

Nah, most people wouldn't give 2 shits about an Axl solo let alone be interested enough to follow through 15 years of this debacle.

Agreed. The only people that would actively follow an Axl solo album, would be the hardest of hardcore Axlites, the people that follow Jarmo like he's a Bishop of GN'R, etc. They'd be very small, and very non-vocal.

I can't believe misterID just so callously throws the idea of a solo career to the wayside. Axl would lose ALOT of the baggage in his musical career going that route. Getting away from that GN'R thing would lift alot of burden off him.

The ball would then be put in his court. But he's not going to want to do that. It won't be easy for him. He'd actually have to actively work for his career, tour in small venues, open for other acts, do interviews all over the place, and try to NOT live off the GN'R name. I don't think he's willing to do that. He's too weak.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

I don't think it's that he's weak...to me it's more like, why should he do that if he doesn't have to, it would just be trying to prove a point to people that he doesn't really need to please.

I'm facinated about your views on the 2002 shows. The vocals for me are an integral part of gnr, and the delivery of them in that era was just so strange, especially on the older songs, that i'd never want to relive that time. Coupled with an image I dont think suited axl and the band to me it doesn't hold a candle to the latter stuff. I'll grant that bucket is cool and that the songs date from then however. I'm really surprised about Robin though....my view on him in 2002 was that he really mutilated some of the older songs...and I felt that by 2006 his playing had dramaticly improved. Maybe i should watch again.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I don't think it's that he's weak...to me it's more like, why should he do that if he doesn't have to, it would just be trying to prove a point to people that he doesn't really need to please.

I'm facinated about your views on the 2002 shows. The vocals for me are an integral part of gnr, and the delivery of them in that era was just so strange, especially on the older songs, that i'd never want to relive that time. Coupled with an image I dont think suited axl and the band to me it doesn't hold a candle to the latter stuff. I'll grant that bucket is cool and that the songs date from then however. I'm really surprised about Robin though....my view on him in 2002 was that he really mutilated some of the older songs...and I felt that by 2006 his playing had dramaticly improved. Maybe i should watch again.

All of the 2002 love comes from this guy bucket

Honestly if Bucket had been in the 2006/07 lineup. They'd be saying the exact same things but about this lineup.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Not to make it about Buckethead, but it really is. His prescence brought up the quality of the entire product and presentation.

If you take that 2006 band, and subtract Robin, and add Slash, it would overshadow the other issues.

I'm not here saying Axl didn't sound weird and look like a clown in 2002. He did. But the band, as a collective whole, not to go cliche but "the feel" was just better. It worked better. I don't know how to precisely describe it.

Board footer