You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

Axlin16 wrote:

bucket > 21

Sorry, is what it is.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

bucket > 21

Sorry, is what it is.

In your opinion.  There are a lot of people that would disagree.  More technical?  Probably.  Better?  That's up to each individual.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

more technical but hasn't written anything as legendary as Slash

I'll take th legendary riffs and solos over a technical guy who plays really fast.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think Padmasana is better than anything Slash has ever recorded. Yes, better than the SCOM & NR solos, better than the riffs to Jungle & Nightrain.

I'd put the TWAT solo up against anything from the old era with Slash. I also think the If The World & Sorry solos are quite soulful, and the IRS & Prostitute solos are pretty damn rockin'.

I also prefer instrumentally, quite a few Bucket performed old era songs from 2002, to their originals.

Bucket might have not done anything as 'legendary' as Slash, but that's once again Slash fans measure talent and quality on success and popularity, not the actual worth of the music.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

you're on drugs

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

YEP im with -D-  21

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

And SLASH is way better to watch then a dick who just stands there with a bucket on his head

-D-

-D- wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I think Padmasana is better than anything Slash has ever recorded. Yes, better than the SCOM & NR solos, better than the riffs to Jungle & Nightrain.

I'd put the TWAT solo up against anything from the old era with Slash. I also think the If The World & Sorry solos are quite soulful, and the IRS & Prostitute solos are pretty damn rockin'.

I also prefer instrumentally, quite a few Bucket performed old era songs from 2002, to their originals.

Bucket might have not done anything as 'legendary' as Slash, but that's once again Slash fans measure talent and quality on success and popularity, not the actual worth of the music.

How are u judging worth though?

I'll take kick ass amazing riffs and heartfelt solos that make my heart bleed and my dick hard over what sounds like  a thousand angry bees and a bunch of effects and stuff.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Slash is Guns N' Roses. Buckethead is not Guns N' Roses. That's it. It doesn't take away the FACT that BH is an amazing player. But he should have never joined Guns N' Roses. What's next, he'll replace Keith Richard in the Stones?

To tell the truth, none of the post-Slash era lead guitarist should have joined Guns N' Roses. I know they were paid and it was a great chance for them to become famous, but you just don't replace Richard, Perry, Page or Slash etc. You just don't do it if you have self-respect, cause it's not right. They could have begun a new band with Axl. The result would have been better.

-D-

-D- wrote:

I wonder if CD would've been better had Axl kept his OMG direction.

A part of what makes CD not that great is how some songs sound like a bunch of guys trying to play like other guys and it comes off kind of generic

Like Scott Stapp when he did that solo album. that song The Great Divide sounds like a poor man's Mark Tremonti

Some of the stuff on CD sounds like guys listened to Appetite over and over and tried to emulate Slash's sound which is why I hate Robin Finck. Its like a tone deaf dude singing in the shower.

Board footer