You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Axl Rose/Dexter forum chat discussion thread

Sky Dog wrote:

Slash does have a "beaming" solo in that one.....I liken it to an early Allman Brothers song. Just a burst of Les Paul sunshine. 3

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I love Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall and The Final Cut. Floyd was all sorts of breaking up all through those albums and they're brilliant

i wonder if the individual members from back then have rights to or have ever used material they brought to those sessions? there's a question for Ax-man

He said Slash brought Fall to Pieces in rough form to the table.

wow i totally missed that i gotta read it in detail again later

The battles were during the breakup. Our people and my individual legal basically forced me to go thru the motions with everything I had to make things work for over 2 years in the sense that if they felt I wasn’t making every effort 110% and with all the sincerity and all above board I wouldn’t have their support which I wanted, couldn’t afford to lose or risk losing. Which led to the trial period where Slash played the key bits of Fall to Pieces but once I showed some interest that was over.

ya know i've always said that tune harkened back to Dont Cry...now we know why smile

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
madagas wrote:

Gunslinger,  why would we want those tapes...considering the circumstances...ugly, makes ugly music.:mad:

That's not always true Madagas.  I loved "Ain't It Fun?" from the Spaghetti incident for instance and who knows what they may have been working on.  My question would be why any hardcore fan wouldn't want those tapes.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
madagas wrote:

It was an ugly time and I personally think the band was WAY too far gone to make a good record. Just my opinion. To compare Floyd to the Gnr saga is a stretch. Izzy, the glue, was gone. and no, that isn't the same as Syd leaving Floyd after Piper......not close.

Of course it isn't close. Floyd replaced Barrett with someone who I feel is the best element of Pink Floyd, David Gilmour. I'll take his guitar playing and voice over anything else in that band's history. GN'R, on the other hand, wasn't able to replace Izzy...no offense to Gilby of course.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

You know, I'd have a lot less problems with Axl had he done this years ago.  I don't think he's any more 100% correct than Slash is, but it's very interesting to see his point of view.  What they think happened IS how it really happed...from their own point of view.  It sounds like Axl thinks Slash was as manipulated as some of us think Axl has been.  If that's the case and the 2 of them can sit down and hash it out, there's still hope for some kind of peace in the future.  It seems like he still respects Slash as a musician.  That's a positive.

Sky Dog wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You know, I'd have a lot less problems with Axl had he done this years ago.  I don't think he's any more 100% correct than Slash is, but it's very interesting to see his point of view.  What they think happened IS how it really happed...from their own point of view.  It sounds like Axl thinks Slash was as manipulated as some of us think Axl has been.  If that's the case and the 2 of them can sit down and hash it out, there's still hope for some kind of peace in the future.  It seems like he still respects Slash as a musician.  That's a positive.

Buzz, I don't see any positive there...:( Of course, he has to respect him as a musician because his life blood is the back catalog and the tunes are great, but the ship has sailed. He gets pretty personal and it is fairly obvious that he still has A LOT of issues with it. *not claiming who is right or wrong*.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

i just read the whole thing, and now my eyes hurt. lol. i'm glad he did it.:D

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

Anyone know where to find the set of questions in regards to the answers downliner posted in the answers thread? I tried looking, but am coming up with nothing.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
madagas wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Buzz, I don't see any positive there...:( Of course, he has to respect him as a musician, but the ship has sailed. He gets pretty personal and it seems he still has A LOT of issues with it. *not claiming who is right or wrong*.

I'm not talking today or tomorrow.  The future can be a very long time away.  Yes, there is a lot of resentment there, but at least some of it seems that he's blaming others for influencing him.  I think just getting this out there is a positive.  I'd be willing to bet Slash doesn't even know most of what's in that post.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

.  What they think happened IS how it really happed...from their own point of view.

Excellent point Buzz.  I don't think it's about who's lying it's just the person's point of view, much of it in hindsight and years of analyzing.

Board footer