You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Axl Rose/Dexter forum chat discussion thread

tejastech08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You know, I'd have a lot less problems with Axl had he done this years ago.

I think he didn't want to because of all the legal crap that was going on through the years. Seems that he's gotten a vast majority of it cleaned up at this point.

As to believing one over the other, I think the truth is somewhere in the middle although I tend to side with the clean guy over the guys who were wasted out of their minds at the time (Slash/Duff). I don't believe Axl 100% but I'm much closer to believing his side of things than the other guys. Call me biased, but I have a tough time taking drug addicts and alcoholics more seriously than someone who's clean. I say this as a person who's never done a drug in my life and has only gotten drunk a handful of times my whole life.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Brett wrote:

Anyone know where to find the set of questions in regards to the answers downliner posted in the answers thread? I tried looking, but am coming up with nothing.

its on mygnr

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?sho … 33276...if someone wants to transcribe it i'll add it to the sticky thread big_smile

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
madagas wrote:

It was an ugly time and I personally think the band was WAY too far gone to make a good record. Just my opinion. To compare Floyd to the Gnr saga is a stretch. Izzy, the glue, was gone. and no, that isn't the same as Syd leaving Floyd after Piper......not close.

Of course it isn't close. Floyd replaced Barrett with someone who I feel is the best element of Pink Floyd, David Gilmour. I'll take his guitar playing and voice over anything else in that band's history. GN'R, on the other hand, wasn't able to replace Izzy...no offense to Gilby of course.

You just proved Axls point because that's your opinion. In your opinion the Gilmour lineup is better. David Bowie preferrs Barret's. Two different ppl with 2 different opinions both equally valid

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

.  What they think happened IS how it really happed...from their own point of view.

Excellent point Buzz.  I don't think it's about who's lying it's just the person's point of view, much of it in hindsight and years of analyzing.

It happens all the time, just not at this scale.  We all see the same thing differently.  Look at all the discussions here - people take a statement and read it 5 different ways based on what they want to see.  I believe Axl feels what he said is accurate.  I believe Slash believes what he said is 100% accurate (as far as he can remember at least).  It is how they saw the situation. 

tejastech08 wrote:

As to believing one over the other, I think the truth is somewhere in the middle although I tend to side with the clean guy over the guys who were wasted out of their minds at the time (Slash/Duff). I don't believe Axl 100% but I'm much closer to believing his side of things than the other guys. Call me biased, but I have a tough time taking drug addicts and alcoholics more seriously than someone who's clean. I say this as a person who's never done a drug in my life and has only gotten drunk a handful of times my whole life.

Yes, Axl was relatively sober, but to say he's completely mentally stable is a bit of a stretch.  Axl and Slash both have their issues that cloud their recollection of events and how they perceive those events.  I don't think either of them gets a pass.

Stepvhen

Stepvhen wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

.  What they think happened IS how it really happed...from their own point of view.

Excellent point Buzz.  I don't think it's about who's lying it's just the person's point of view, much of it in hindsight and years of analyzing.

I disagree. I think they know how it happened but to further their careers and to save their happy go lucky public image they made a cover story. They know what really happened from their point of view and they know if it gets out their ruined! Slash more so than Duff who was just along for the ride at the time

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

Slash more so than Duff who was just along for the ride at the time

c'mon now you dont really beleive that do you? dont be silly

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

did you guys see this paort when some guys says there are 3 sides to every story?

Dexter wrote:

QUOTE (OTHAFA @ Dec 14 2008, 03:01 PM)
No offense, but Axl sounds bitter as fuck. Especially about Slash. We're supposed to believe that everything that has happened is someone else's fault and EVERYTHING we've been told about him are all lies.

I think the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

People love sayin' that middle trip. Easy to say but not so easy to prove.

Unfortunately it's not in the middle and I can back up every last line in my bit or I wouldn't be here.

You love his work and whatever else. More power to you!

And no, I'm not bitter at least in the sense of how you used it conveys. Felt good gettin' some of that off my chest and as I said that's just the tip.

If that's your honest impression it's definitely not rose colored lenses you're wearing. And I looked up the definition of bitter once in a pocket dictionary and got "having anger at something unjust or evil". I'm not angry but when I am with this particular someone who I thought was once my friend... the definition fits.

Stepvhen

Stepvhen wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

Slash more so than Duff who was just along for the ride at the time

c'mon now you dont really beleive that do you? dont be silly

I actually do.I think Slash was trying to put himself in a kind Of Nikki Sixx situ where he wrote the music and was band leader and Axl was just another band member who happened to be the singer. I know he was close with Nikki back then.Maybe he say what he had and wanted that for himself. He wrote the snakepit album. Axl said earlier that he was to to shut up and sing slashs lyrics or get out.Seems like a Motley Crue situ down to a T. And yes I do believe Axl. Ashe says. He wouldn't be saying a word of this if he didn't have the evidence to back it up.
Slash on the other hand has never backed up a single one of his claims!!!!! (I know as of right now we haven't seen Axls evidence...but I think we will)

Stepvhen

Stepvhen wrote:

I know James is gonna jump on this one either way but. Anybody else see the paralells between Axl, Slash and old GNR towards Brody, James and ROV.
So is gnrevolution NuGNR or VR?????

Kinda funny how we can subconciously emulate those we look up to.:ummm:

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

my comment was in regards to duff being "just along for the ride"

Board footer