You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Axl Rose/Dexter forum chat discussion thread

bigbri wrote:

We've asked for his side, and he gives it to us. Don't shit on him for what we wanted. We as a community, maybe not you particularly, but we all wanted to hear from him. We got it.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
bigbri wrote:

We've asked for his side, and he gives it to us. Don't shit on him for what we wanted. We as a community, maybe not you particularly, but we all wanted to hear from him. We got it.

Oh I'm not shitting on him bri.  Not at all!  I'm glad he told his side of the story.  ANyone saying bad shit about what Axl has done in these last few days are just doing so just to say shit.  Axl has done something that is beyond great for the fans.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

You are exactly right.  I want to hear it... Just sometimes I call bullshit, but I am glad we get to hear it.  I am not ungrateful, just a few of his responces he could take the high road some.  But its fucking cool as hell and he is my favorite front man ever!

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

You are exactly right.  I want to hear it... Just sometimes I call bullshit, but I am glad we get to hear it.  I am not ungrateful, just a few of his responces he could take the high road some.  But its fucking cool as hell and he is my favorite front man ever!

I forgive him for not taking the high road cause up till last year, Slash rarely took the high road and Axl kept to himself.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

my comment was in regards to duff being "just along for the ride"

Duff was an alcoholic. God knows what was up with him. And Slash was a heroin addict. I don't think either one of them knew what the fuck they were doing back then.

Thats exactly what I feel about Duff. He was in a bad way back then and didn't give a shit. He was a mess Slash on the other hand... I think he might have played up the loveable junky thing to some extene to help his image but was pretty fucked up too. He did however have ambitions that duff didn't at the time. If you look at Duffs comments from the 94-98 era they are all about trying to facilitate slash and Axl and kepp things the way they were so that guns would carry on. Slash on the other hand was more focused on his solo material than duff ever was. Slash viewed his as his main focus. Duff viewed his solo stuff as a side project to guns.
Slash had a definite plan. Duff was along for the ride.

i dont care what they were using or abusing..the whole fuckign band was on something at one point or another...the fact is that Duff, Axl and Slash all were equal shareholders of GnR at the time they broke up and after slash left Duff was a half partner. to say he was along for the ride even though he was there for day one is a bit of a reach...Duff had just as much say as Axl in using the 5 O'Clock material for the next guns record and from what i recall of past interviews was that duff walked out on it before Axl, and Axl tried to get him to come back so they could all work on it...i think they all equally valued each others positions...and i'm sure i've also read that Duff became some sort of mediator between Axl and slash at one point...sounds like they kinda took turns...its all a bit fuzzy but the peices are slowly taking shape on this series of events about 10 years ago

Duff wasnt along for the ride...he helped fucking build the damn thing

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I appreciate what he has done.  I thought the answers were great and I'm glad he took out this much time to touch bases with the fanbase.  Now if we could just get him to come by here!

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I just want to shake Axl and pretty much tell him to stop feeling sorry for himself and stop acting like a big pussy.  I just don't beleive all these things he hints about Slash and Duff.  He blows up every issue to something bigger than it really is.  Slash and Duff are willing to reconcile.. Everyone is at fault, but you seem to be holding the BIGGEST GRUDGE.  You are 46, you are getting old, you need to at least make peace with your former brothers and stop living this bitter life.

Hes not feeling sorry for himself. He wouldn't even be talking about this shit if we hadn't been asking him to for years

Good point....    He just has a prepared "excuse" for everything.  He rarely takes blame for ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!  Am I alone in this?

Yes because Slash has been man enough to ever admit his own mistakes? Seems to me there's been a lot of finger-pointing going on. Why single out Axl?

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Duff was an alcoholic. God knows what was up with him. And Slash was a heroin addict. I don't think either one of them knew what the fuck they were doing back then.

Thats exactly what I feel about Duff. He was in a bad way back then and didn't give a shit. He was a mess Slash on the other hand... I think he might have played up the loveable junky thing to some extene to help his image but was pretty fucked up too. He did however have ambitions that duff didn't at the time. If you look at Duffs comments from the 94-98 era they are all about trying to facilitate slash and Axl and kepp things the way they were so that guns would carry on. Slash on the other hand was more focused on his solo material than duff ever was. Slash viewed his as his main focus. Duff viewed his solo stuff as a side project to guns.

i dont care what they were using or abusing..the whole fuckign band was on something at one point or another...the fact is that Duff, Axl and Slash all were equal shareholders of GnR at the time they broke up and after slash left Duff was a half partner. to say he was along for the ride even though he was there for day one is a bit of a reach...Duff had just as much say as Axl in using the 5 O'Clock material for the next guns record and from what i recall of past interviews was that duff walked out on it before Axl, and Axl tried to get him to come back so they could all work on it...i think they all equally valued each others positions...and i'm sure i've also read that Duff became some sort of mediator between Axl and slash at one point...sounds like they kinda took turns...its all a bit fuzzy but the peices are slowly taking shape on this series of events about 10 years ago

I don't think he meant Duff was along for the ride in the sense of his importance to the band. That would describe Gilby Clarke or Matt Sorum, not Duff. But in terms of the breakup of the band, Duff sided with Slash and was along for the ride in whatever direction Slash wanted to go. That's what he was trying to say.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

Hes not feeling sorry for himself. He wouldn't even be talking about this shit if we hadn't been asking him to for years

Good point....    He just has a prepared "excuse" for everything.  He rarely takes blame for ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!  Am I alone in this?

Yes because Slash has been man enough to ever admit his own mistakes? Seems to me there's been a lot of finger-pointing going on. Why single out Axl?

Slash has said several times he wished he had handled something different....  I am not pointing any fingers, but Axl does have some grand conspiracy theories.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Im not debating Duffs legal status as an equal shareholder nor am I debating his devotion to the band. I am simply pointing out that personality - wise, Duff was lless of a leader and did not shape the events surrounding the breakup to the same extent that Axl and Slash did. The breakup of GNR wasdown to Axl and Slash. There was conflict between them on creative grounds leading to the break
In the middle of this conflict was Duff, the mediator, trying to plug the holes in the ship. He simply wanted a return to the simpler carefree guns n roses and the band to carry on. However Axl had his set of plans for the band and Slash had another.
They were the 2 influential figures.

Had Slash said okay Axl we'll do it your way. You can write your own lyrics for the 5' oclock songs, Duff would have thats great now lets continue from here.

Had Axl said ok Slash I'll sing your Songs without any of my own input. Duff would have said thats great now lets go on from here.

AND had Axl left gnr and Slash kept the name and carried on without him Duff would have soon followed suit leaving Slash the sole original member.

WHY? Because Duff just wanted good 'ol GNR Axl Slash Duff and sum drummer to fill that particular space.

Therefore from a creative point of view : Along for the ride; Not a legal point of view.

Board footer