You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Rob Zombie's Halloween 2

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't mind the changing of the score, as long as it's put in the hands of someone capable, that stays true to the 'sound' of the earlier Halloween films.

Halloween III had a great original score, that incorporated the same atmosphere as H1 & H2. So as long as they take that route...

The Dr. Loomis thing I have a massive issue with. They are completely changing who Loomis is, and they are actually turning him into a bad guy, rather than the aging hero he was in the original franchise.

I don't like that at all. For me that's just... NO.

It'd be like rebooting Die Hard, and taking John McClain and turning him into a glory whore.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Dr. Loomis is in complete denial about everything, exploiting the situation and making as much money as possible while hating himself."

Sounds extremely lame. I realize he needs to shake things up a bit, but changing the dynamics of Loomis to that extent is gonna be a hard pill to swallow.

Changing the score is a huge risk as well.

Totally agree.  This movie is going to fucking suck I'm afraid, maybe even worse than H5 and H8.  Of course I WILL give it a chance but I've heard less and less I like about this movie.

Fucking with the Loomis character or the basic theme is stupid.  It's a sequel whether he likes it or not, this IS NOT HIS movie but only another chapter.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I actually disagree. Pleasence's Loomis is his own to such an extent that this Loomis would have to be a departure to ever be accepted at all. Loomis wasn't necessarily a "hero" either. Pleasence's Loomis was arguably as mad as Myers and was unhealthily obsessed in a Captain Ahab sort of way in his pursuit. Let Zombie and McDowell create their own Loomis. Once again, I refer back to my prior argument that while the fanbase seemed to have the hardest time with Zombie's remake aspects of his Halloween while alternately praising his stab at more original storytelling (i.e. backstory), with talk of the sequel they seem to take any changes in the mythos as sacrilegious.

Gunslinger

Gunslinger wrote:

A few weeks back I posted a couple pics of a Michael Myers mask I was having made.  At the time it was hairless and not quite finished but slowly getting there.  Halloween has long been my favorite horror movie and something about that mask Michael wears has always intrigued me.  Although you would think it would be easy to replicate...it isn't.  For years I've tried to find the perfect replica with varying success.  I've got closer and closer the past couple years until I think I've FINALLY found it!!

This mask is perfect.  It started out as a near perfect 1975 Kirk replica (this is what was converted into the Myers mask you see on Halloween), then was sent to one of the best artists in the business and was transformed into a perfect Michael Myers.  This is the only one he has made from this original sculpt!  The biggest hold up on this project was finding actual hair used on the 1975 Kirk masks.  FINALLY I found the hair and had the mask finished.

Here's the final result:

2i9l0dt.jpg

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:

Wow that's awesome, he did a great job. I would love to own a Myers mask like that one.

Gunslinger

Gunslinger wrote:

Thanks Mike, it took me a LONG time to find the right ingredients!!  I'm just an "average Joe", most of the collectors who get shit like this have big bucks... I got lucky.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

That's a phenomenal piece, 'slinger. Well played.

Gunslinger

Gunslinger wrote:

Thanks Von!

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't mind the changing of the mythos, or the theme, but I have a personal issue with the changing of Loomis. The character SHOULD ALWAYS represent Capt. Ahab imo, even if he's not so much of a "hero" as I originally described.

Even if to be a reluctant or poor Ahab... okay... but to be a guy hell bent on his next 20/20 interview, or a book deal, why people are getting slaughtered? After the FIRST Halloween? Come on, that's not even buyable. If he goes that route, it'll be one of the most retarded continuity errors in the history of film. If that were the case, why did he even try to stop Myers at all? Why not just stand around, waiting for a camera, so he can get attention in the first one? No, he bought a gun, and went after Myers. It makes no sense after the slaughter, to go into attention whore-mode, and start making money off of death.

That isn't a Loomis I even care to see. That's a Loomis I hope will DIE in the first act.

Like James said, it's just a really really LAME move.

As for the rest of Zombie's vision, whatever. I'm cool. You're talking to a Halloween III nutswinger. I thought Zombie's original idea to have 'emotion masks' was very cool, and to do his own film, own story, and own soundtrack. Unfortunately business is business, and Zombie was obviously forced to incorporate more things than he originally intended to, and that's why RZH turned into a clusterfuck. The entire final 1/3 of that film doesn't even need to be there. It could've just been Myers youth and treatment, and escape from the hospital being fleshed out more, and that could've been that film, and i'd of loved it. But instead it's condensed down more, to make room, for a rushed 'return to Haddonfield', that should've been saved for the sequel.

I also had no issue with the 'white trash' angle for Myers. It was Zombie's film. He could reboot it however he wanted. There was no need for 'The Shape' to return, because Carpenter did it best, and by Halloween 4, he was a Jason knock-off anyways, ironically, considering Jason wouldn't have existed without the original Michael.

Other than the Loomis thing, i'm cool with anything Rob does. My actual hope for this sequel is a 'hands off', raw vision of what Zombie wanted to ORIGINALLY do with it, and not something the smacks of the Weinstein's or Malek Akkad sticking their fingers in the cookie jar, and fucking it up.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Damn, that is perfect. I think that's the best i've ever seen.

Board footer