You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Whats the opinion people in your life have on CD?

buzzsaw wrote:
madagas wrote:

http://thequietus.com/articles/00919-gu … -democracy

pretty good article on the CD dilemna

Missed this while I was in Florida. 

It wasn't bad until he said IRS had venom.  I stopped reading there.  It's an ass kisser trying to disguise himself with a complaint about how long it took for the album to be released, yet somehow he uses that fact as the excuse of why it lacks what AFD and UYI had.  Shameful article.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
nugdafied wrote:

Sure you're not just making this up faldor?

It doesn't sound like anything I've heard anybody say.  If he gets through all the songs and this person likes every one of them a ton, I'll call bs - until then, I'll just read along mildly amused.

Nope, not making it up.  I've been surprised with the positive reviews so far myself.  She originally told me she liked half the album and could do without the other half.  I'm still waiting for the negative reviews because they've all been positive so far.  She loves "If The World" so that's not the song she hates, I think that's her favorite on the album.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

Irs is incredible

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't think faldor is lying. I've seen plenty of mixed reactions to the tracks in the this album. I could say This I Love is great, while the next guy will hate it. That's the effect this album has.

But I think comparing SOD to NR, is a bit WAY out there. SOD is a B-side on it's best day. It might REMIND you of NR, but in no way does it match NR's quality. If anything, i'd put SOD in the same category with tracks like So Fine & Since I Don't Have You.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I don't think faldor is lying. I've seen plenty of mixed reactions to the tracks in the this album. I could say This I Love is great, while the next guy will hate it. That's the effect this album has.

But I think comparing SOD to NR, is a bit WAY out there. SOD is a B-side on it's best day. It might REMIND you of NR, but in no way does it match NR's quality. If anything, i'd put SOD in the same category with tracks like So Fine & Since I Don't Have You.

I don't think she necessarily was comparing the quality of the two tracks, more the fact that both are ballads and she's a fan of ballads.  Although she did give SOD 4 3/4 stars.  I think it's possible for people to love that song.  I loved it when I first heard it in 2001.  As for comparison to the other songs you mentioned, I can guarantee she's never heard "So Fine" and possibly "Since I Don't Have You", although she might've seen the video back in the day.  So in her defense, the closest comparison SHE could make from the GNR songs she's familiar with would be November Rain.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
war wrote:

Irs is incredible

war

war wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Ouch, I Wouldn't go that far. Maybe you have the right category but it's definitely at the top of that category. It's not grand but it doesn't have to be to be a great song. It's very catchy and the vocals are amazing. For the record, I usually skip the song but I don't like catchy as I have stated in the past.

As far as NR and TIL: Am I the only one that thinks November Rain is wayyy overrated? I think if they waited til CD to release it people would still be talking about TIL and Sorry as the strongest tracks on this album. To me NR reaches past it's own means and fails where TIL succeeds because it is more down to earth and more natural sounding.

war

war wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Missed this while I was in Florida.

WTF were you doing in Florida?
While I'm here in Minnesota shoveling my driveway every day.

Sky Dog wrote:
war wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Ouch, I Wouldn't go that far. Maybe you have the right category but it's definitely at the top of that category. It's not grand but it doesn't have to be to be a great song. It's very catchy and the vocals are amazing. For the record, I usually skip the song but I don't like catchy as I have stated in the past.

As far as NR and TIL: Am I the only one that thinks November Rain is wayyy overrated? I think if they waited til CD to release it people would still be talking about TIL and Sorry as the strongest tracks on this album. To me NR reaches past it's own means and fails where TIL succeeds because it is more down to earth and more natural sounding.

I agree, and I prefer TIL to NR. However, Estranged is still my favorite Axl epic.

Board footer