You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: GNR go Gold

Axlin16 wrote:

You pretty much answered you're own question there DCK.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:

We all know the Best Buy deal fucked them and thats the bottom line. Had this album been displayed everywhere it would have sold 700,000 it's first week.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

the most promotion ive seen here is it just being on the "new releases" rack soon as you walk in and its the first thing you see.. along with Killers.. which i assume most of the sheep bought instead. Had it not been competing with everything else then maybe people out on a limb of what to buy might have given it a try..  End of the day, GNR isnt what it used to be, strike 1, and there is a different generation that never knew who GNR really were, strike 2, and those generation have been brought up by MTV and R&B( (rap and bullshit), strike 3 yer out

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

You pretty much answered you're own question there DCK.

Do explain

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I'm just throwing it out there but what'ya figure U2's new album would sell if it was a Best Buy only deal? Just curious what you guys think?  Ahh let's be honest I'm just stiring the pot. I'm a  dick I know. 

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
GNRBABY wrote:

We all know the Best Buy deal fucked them and thats the bottom line. Had this album been displayed everywhere it would have sold 700,000 it's first week.

I bet that the sales won't go drastically high after the 6-month exclusive deal expires. I wonder if the album will go platinum in a year.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
GNRBABY wrote:

I bet that the sales won't go drastically high after the 6-month exclusive deal expires. I wonder if the album will go platinum in a year.

I think it will go Platinum AND I think Axl and Azoff are waiting for the Best Buy deal to expire before they do a major tour or any major promotion. I know this would be my strategy...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:

I'm just throwing it out there but what'ya figure U2's new album would sell if it was a Best Buy only deal? Just curious what you guys think?  Ahh let's be honest I'm just stiring the pot. I'm a  dick I know. 

You're not being a dick, that's a valid question.  It'd obviously sell better than CD, but I'd bet it wouldn't sell as well as ACDC or Metallica.  It's not all Best Buy's fault.  The economy has played a part as well.  It's being felt all over the music industry and beyond.  That's not an excuse to take 6 weeks to go gold, I'm just saying I wouldn't expect ACDC or Metallica #'s in these times, Best Buy/Wal Mart exclusive or not.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:

well faldor nearly 2 months to go gold isnt all that great...i expected it tbh but i dont think many others did...

regardless, like i said, its still active on the charts so thats the biggest positive at the moment

I didn't say it was great, admittedly I thought it would've sold a lot better.  I even thought it would come close to going gold in week 1.  BUT, it hasn't exactly dropped entirely off the charts.  It's still hanging around.  Again, I'm not bragging about being #30 6 weeks later, but it is selling.  I actually got real worried when it didn't sell that well in week 1 that it would disappear.  I figured after the diehards bought it, who was left that was gonna take a chance on it?  Well, luckily some are still giving it a shot.

Board footer