You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Lil Wayne to Record Rock Album

BLS-Pride wrote:

I believe it's three I have the second and third but not the fourth.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

He is using auto tune or whatever it is. It already helped ruin most of hip hop. Now he is trying to bring this to rock? Rock stations aren't going to play this garbage. Some rap stations prob won't even play it or have it in regular rotation.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

He is using auto tune or whatever it is. It already helped ruin most of hip hop. Now he is trying to bring this to rock? Rock stations aren't going to play this garbage. Some rap stations prob won't even play it or have it in regular rotation.

Sadly there are already 'rock singers' that use auto-tune.  Unfortunately this guy is way more popular than them so I really hope this doesn't start a trend in rock too.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I really liked it. As a hip hop song with a rock influence, it works. I don't think it's a "rock song" destined for rock radio, but I also think hip hop is becoming increasingly stale and these stylistic moves by guys like Kanye West and now Lil' Wayne are trying to keep the genre afloat in what is clearly a rock resurgence. Remember 50 Cent? Yeah, I thought not.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

50 is getting ready to release an album with a lot of hype then Eminem and Dre drop their records. He is also has one of the biggest pulls in the rap game. Dude raked in 150 million in 2008. Rap is stale because they are all doing and rapping about the same shit. I don't know how you could like this von. It is intended to be a real rock album according to Wayne. If this is rocks resurgence then help us all.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

No, I mean this is hip hop's attempt to cope with rock's resurgence. As for 50 Cent, he delayed the release of his latest album due to lack of hype or a strong single. Apparently, the label had no faith in the album as being ready for the holidays and thought it sucked, so it was back to the drawing board for Fiddy to swipe some more of Dre's beats and hold up the release of Detox a little bit longer. I think Eminem is walking into a changed game and the only hip hop album in the pipeline with any real hype is Dre's Detox, which I really do hope comes out sooner than later. All I'm saying is I like this changing of the guard we're seeing in hip hop and rap. I really liked 808s & Heartbreak. While I do understand where you guys and many rock fans in general are coming from by not digging this new Lil' Wayne track, I think some slack should be cut. Really, I'd rather listen to this than shit like Hinder or Nickelback or whatever else.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

There are conflicting stories about 50 cent's album. It's been delayed for various reasons. Eminem's album has a lot of hype. So does Jay Z's blueprint 3. And of course Dre.'s The reason Dres has been held up is not 50 but Eminem. There are a lot of hyped up albums for rap. Outkast and Andre 3000 is looking to drop in 09 as well. I don't think this trend will last to tell you the truth. Kayne is back to rappin on his new album. If I want real instruments and hip hop I will crack up the Roots and hear it done right. I think Dre and Jay Z will ignite rap back to rap and away from auto tone and "concept" sound albums.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I read yesterday that Eminem, Dre, and 50 will be dropping their albums together, over 3 weeks. On Eminem's first single both 50 and Dre appear on it so that's going to be great promotion for the albums. 

Von, this song is basically a Hinder or Nickelback song with sloppier guitar work and auto-tune.  There's nothing new about it.  He isn't singing out anything that Nickelback or Hinder themselves haven't already done.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

There are conflicting stories about 50 cent's album. It's been delayed for various reasons. Eminem's album has a lot of hype. So does Jay Z's blueprint 3. And of course Dre.'s The reason Dres has been held up is not 50 but Eminem. There are a lot of hyped up albums for rap. Outkast and Andre 3000 is looking to drop in 09 as well. I don't think this trend will last to tell you the truth. Kayne is back to rappin on his new album. If I want real instruments and hip hop I will crack up the Roots and hear it done right. I think Dre and Jay Z will ignite rap back to rap and away from auto tone and "concept" sound albums.

Kanye's a fuckin' joke.

I'm hoping something special comes out of the comeback of Dre, Z & Em, but i'm guessing it'll probably be something like GN'R. Not in sales, it'll be huge, but it'll seem like "been there, done that".

Hope i'm wrong, i'd love to see them take their rap throne back. But all of this watered-down shit into the fuckin' ground.

Board footer