You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: "Better" starting to gain MASSIVE steam..

Bono wrote:
war wrote:

when vr had their success, gnr was not such a distant memory. People still wanted gnr but they had disbanded so the fans took vr instead cause it was better than nothing.

Young people today, although most of them may have heard the name gnr, don't know what they are missing.

you can't compare vr's success several years ago with cd's success several weeks ago and turn a blind eye to this fact, along with the a fore mentioned: increased downloading trends, increased financial restraints, and most importantly the exclusive availability to an appliance store that most people rarely visit and many need to plan road trips to do so.

14  C'mon. Are you seriosuly saying that when VR came out in 2004 the world remebered Gn'R and they were still on peoples mind but only 4 years later the world has forgotten about Gn'R? Fuck it's only been 2 years since VR's last album. There's no fucking way you can say "young people today" as if it's two decades since VR put out their albums. The young people today are the same people that were young when Libertad came out.  And to say downloading is a massive problem today but not so in 2004 or 2007 is ridiculous.  The Best Buy arguement fin but the arguement dowloading is a problem today much more so than a few years ago is lame as is the arguement that the 2-4 years since VR hit was just too long and people really have forgotten about Gn'R over that time frame is even more ridiculous.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I would argue downloading was worse in 04, I now legally download songs and no longer do the napster thing..

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
war wrote:

when vr had their success, gnr was not such a distant memory. People still wanted gnr but they had disbanded so the fans took vr instead cause it was better than nothing.

Young people today, although most of them may have heard the name gnr, don't know what they are missing.

No offense mate, but this is nonsense. Peope were eager to hear Guns N' Roses-related stuff in 2004 under the VR name, 13 years after their last album and they are uninterested in 2008, when the first album comes out under the name Guns N' Roses? Yet the 2002 NA GN'R tour failed miserably, because these fans were not so eager to hear GN'R cause it was 'too early' or what?

Fact is the world doesn't see this 'band' as Guns N' Roses and some strongly protest against Axl and his using the name with random guys. Nobody on Earth can identify himself with the post 1996 era GN'R, cause they're not saying anything, and if they do, it turns out to be a 'no comment' or bullshit. Axl Rose's favourite theme in 2008 wasn't his new album in 17 years, but still the 'Slash is vicious' messed-up break-up story.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

At least Taylor Swift makes money.

OUCH. That's gotta sting.

Taylor Swift will never make as much money as GNR has. Also, GNR makes more money in merchandise sales when they don't have an album (preCD) than most bands do when they are at the height of their career! You can not argue that my friends.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Hahaha so funny how so many say album sales don't  matter and commercial success isn't important to the yet here some are argueing over who makes more money.

GNRBABY

GNRBABY wrote:
Bono wrote:

Hahaha so funny how so many say album sales don't  matter and commercial success isn't important to the yet here some are argueing over who makes more money.

^ It's not much of an argument hmm  Besides, I'm a GNR fan because I'm a GNR fan. No other reason 100 copies sold or 1,000,000 copies sold makes no difference. Most of the bands I like play theaters or clubs. Most bands that sell lots of records suck ass. and have always sucked ass. Just like U2, GNR has sold lots of albums and sold lots of concert tickets because they are good and the music speaks for itself. They don't have to hide behind trends and faggot critics with no talent.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
GNRBABY wrote:

oh god the sky is falling oh god what a failure GNR is! OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! Music isn't vaild unless "the beautiful people" say it's so. Oh look how Taylor Swift beat out GNR - now Taylor Swift is a real rock n roll hero!! She isn't flavor of the month or anything....GNR didn't have their hey-day when most of you where 5 years old or anything!! wah wah wah what a failure! OMG!

Beethoven beat CD.  Is he the flavor of the month?

Sky Dog wrote:

he is the flavor of the last two centuries! This thread is beaten down.

GNRBABY

GNRBABY wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
GNRBABY wrote:

oh god the sky is falling oh god what a failure GNR is! OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! Music isn't vaild unless "the beautiful people" say it's so. Oh look how Taylor Swift beat out GNR - now Taylor Swift is a real rock n roll hero!! She isn't flavor of the month or anything....GNR didn't have their hey-day when most of you where 5 years old or anything!! wah wah wah what a failure! OMG!

Beethoven beat CD.  Is he the flavor of the month?

16  Well...

Sky Dog wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

How about the fact most people, including most DJ's don't want to call this GNR because they don't think its GNR and because of that they won't buy the album out of spite because they view this as a fake and not authentic.  I just heard CD on the radio and after the song the DJ said "you may wish to call this Guns N' Roses, I do not".....  AC/DC and Metallica both sound like AC/DC and Metallica and have familiar faces in the band.  All Axl had to do was be Axl Rose just like Ozzy Osbourne was and he would have been huge and still have the GNR thing in his back pocket.  So there is really only one person you can blame for all this and its Axl, because everything done so far is exactly how he wanted it.  He didn't want to not call this GNR.  He didn't want to promote.  He doesn't want to plan a tour.  He doesn't want to work stuff out with Slash and Duff.  He has no songs with no catchy riffs.....

that was a good post right up until the last sentence. Axl cut his fanbase in half and has alienated alot of people in the industry. I'll concede that, but I still think the songs are solid.

Board footer