You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: "Better" starting to gain MASSIVE steam..

tejastech08 wrote:

Massive? LMFAO, not exactly.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I agree it's not massive, but most people here have no clue how singles move up the charts. Singles do not debut in the top 10 unless they are a highly anticipated first single from a release, like CD.

Look at those charts. Why do you think songs in the top 10 have been on the charts for 15-20, even 30 weeks? Because they all take slow climbs up and slow climbs back down.

That said, I have no expectation for Better. Whatever happens is bonus, but the proclamation of it being DOA always was wrong. It's just not how singles charts work. Singles charts don't work like album charts. Albums debut high and almost never debut low and climb up.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I agree it's not massive, but most people here have no clue how singles move up the charts. Singles do not debut in the top 10 unless they are a highly anticipated first single from a release, like CD.

Look at those charts. Why do you think songs in the top 10 have been on the charts for 15-20, even 30 weeks? Because they all take slow climbs up and slow climbs back down.

That said, I have no expectation for Better. Whatever happens is bonus, but the proclamation of it being DOA always was wrong. It's just not how singles charts work. Singles charts don't work like album charts. Albums debut high and almost never debut low and climb up.

Better's promotion has been piss poor. It has the potential to be a big hit, not just a moderate hit. It is catchier than a lot of the garbage that is getting played over and over on rock stations across the country, like that annoying ass "Bad Girlfriend" song, which sounds like a rip-off of one of the Cult's guitar riffs mixed with Nickelback's garbage lyrics and vocals.

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:

97.9X, the station that I work for/with - is still playing both. "Better" has been one of the most requested songs ever since it debuted. It's been a "Buzzcut" ever since.

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:

Also - the negativity here and everywhere else in general is getting really fucking annoying.

If I'm not around that often anymore, don't be surprised. It's a fucking buzzkill.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
BurningHills wrote:

If I'm not around that often anymore, don't be surprised. It's a fucking buzzkill.

You should post in the off topic sections. We have more fun in those. GN'R, on the other hand, is a fucking disaster no two ways about it. 16

axlcrazy
 Rep: 4 

axlcrazy wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Better's promotion has been piss poor. It has the potential to be a big hit, not just a moderate hit. It is catchier than a lot of the garbage that is getting played over and over on rock stations across the country, like that annoying ass "Bad Girlfriend" song, which sounds like a rip-off of one of the Cult's guitar riffs mixed with Nickelback's garbage lyrics and vocals.

Glad someone also sees that "Bad Girlfriend" is a complete ripoff of "Firewoman" by the Cult!:rolleyes:

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

axlcrazy
 Rep: 4 

axlcrazy wrote:

Better has officially move 2 spots up to #18 this week on the Jan. 24 Billboard chart.

CD is at #40.

I wouldn't call that picking up massive steam, but Better is slowly climbing the charts.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

It's not massive, it's a slowly climbing progress.

A positive run.

Board footer