You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: "Better" starting to gain MASSIVE steam..

misterID wrote:

For this band and the current situation of CD, it's pretty darn good.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I agree it's not massive, but most people here have no clue how singles move up the charts. Singles do not debut in the top 10 unless they are a highly anticipated first single from a release, like CD.

Look at those charts. Why do you think songs in the top 10 have been on the charts for 15-20, even 30 weeks? Because they all take slow climbs up and slow climbs back down.

That said, I have no expectation for Better. Whatever happens is bonus, but the proclamation of it being DOA always was wrong. It's just not how singles charts work. Singles charts don't work like album charts. Albums debut high and almost never debut low and climb up.

Great point bigbri.  People are quick to jump on the charting of singles negatively real quickly.  As you said, singles just don't debut at #1 or in the top 5.  I've gone over this before but this is all over, not just in the rock genre.  Even Britney Spears takes a couple weeks to move up the charts, it's not immediate.  So to claim a single is DOA is wrong.  I realize it appears DOA because the lack of the "promised" video, but it's still rising on the charts SLOWLY.  I also read over on HTGTH that "Better" had the MOST increased spins on rock radio last week.  So again, it's not dead.  I'm not saying it's gonna become WTTJ or SCOM, but it has been positively accepted.  The video would probably help, but who knows at this point.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

If it's still climbing that's a good thing however small the climb. They should still try to get this video out there,, it should have arrived when the song did but nevermind. If interest is still building then get it out there, it's another way of getting the song heard through a massive avenue that so far they haven't exploited.

Sky Dog wrote:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/c … &g=Singles

there is the link to Better at #18....like Axlcrazy said above, it did move up two spots....which is better than going down!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Neemo wrote:

how many weeks in a row has it gone up the charts?

I'll ask this again does anyone know?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Well, it's pretty much moved up every week except 1 since it's been released, so however many that equals. I don't remember when it was released.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Neemo wrote:

To my knowledge it has never gone down.  It's either gone up or stayed the same.  It reached #20 3 weeks ago I think, and I think it stayed there for 2 weeks then the move up to 18 this week.  That's all by memory though, so don't take my word for it.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
BurningHills wrote:

Also - the negativity here and everywhere else in general is getting really fucking annoying.

If I'm not around that often anymore, don't be surprised. It's a fucking buzzkill.

This is insane.  It is what it is.  We're not making things up to be negative.  It IS negative.

Sky Dog wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Neemo wrote:

It says weeks on chart 8 at the billboard link. I put the link there for a reason. 22

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

no i know i was wondering basically the history of the track

like (for example)

week 1 - 40
week 2 - 35
week 3 - 42
week 4 - 25

^those arent the real numbers...i'm just asking if anyone kept tabs on its movement

Board footer