You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: "Better" starting to gain MASSIVE steam..

Sky Dog wrote:

it was 20 last week and 18 this week....not exactly taking the worl by storm but up is up. I actually heard the song the other day....first time ever.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
BurningHills wrote:

Also - the negativity here and everywhere else in general is getting really fucking annoying.

If I'm not around that often anymore, don't be surprised. It's a fucking buzzkill.

So in other words, you want to be lied to?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

it was 20 last week and 18 this week....not exactly taking the worl by storm but up is up. I actually heard the song the other day....first time ever.

no i agree upward movement is excellent and i said as much in my first post in this thread...i was just asking out of curiosity smile

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
BurningHills wrote:

Also - the negativity here and everywhere else in general is getting really fucking annoying.

If I'm not around that often anymore, don't be surprised. It's a fucking buzzkill.

This is insane.  It is what it is.  We're not making things up to be negative.  It IS negative.

I don't see what's negative about the situation at all.

"Chinese Democracy" has already gone gold.

Best Buy has sold roughly 1/4 to 1/3 of it's entire stock in a little over a month and a half.

"Chinese Democracy" is STILL a top 10 hit at rock radio.

"Better" should be in the top 10 next week.

Besides the lack of promotion, how is this a disaster? Because from the facts that I just posted, it sure as fuck doesn't seem like one to me.

Sky Dog wrote:

they also don't consider the fact that the Best Buy deal recouped all the costs and settled all the issues between Axl and Geffen/Uni......which is huge for potential future releases by the new band and hopefully, the old band as well. That is not negative at all.

axlcrazy
 Rep: 4 

axlcrazy wrote:

I wonder If "Better" is just now getting discovered by people.  I can tell U that my Rock station Now has it in heavy rotation & I've read from people on other sites that their hearing it more often now as well.

The slow climb theory also makes sense because of the lack of Video & promo. And as others pointed out, a single only skyrockets to the top if it's a hugely anticipated release.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I admire those that can hang on to hope where there is none. 

Future albums?  Who's going to buy those when nobody is buying this one? 

Top 10 single?  Not really. 

Better just now being discovered?  Not likely, and I like the song.

About the only positive is that the record company got their money.  So what?  They are happy, we got a subpar product with errors and flaws all over the place.  That's not the recipe for repeat business.  The novelty is over.  Nobody cares.  So any positives from making things right with the label are eliminated by the fact that nobody gives a shit anymore about this version of GnR. 

As someone who prefers the old band, you'd think I'd be the one that's excited, wouldn't you?  A reunion is the public future of GnR.  Whatever band exists now may try to release material, but the fact is that this version is finished.  Nobody will check out a follow-up, tours will get smaller and smaller, and the ONLY saving grace would be a reunion.  That is the reality of the situation we have today.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Just in case anybody missed this chart analysis from another thread:

buzzsaw wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

Two songs in the top 20, the album still well in the top 40 after 6 weeks (#30) and number 8 top selling artist in 2008 for Canada. I don't think it's the huge failure many claimed.  I remember several people saying it would fall of the charts quickly.  After six weeks being #30 I'd say it isn't doing all that bad all things considered.  If this album even had a LITTLE realistic promo it's hard telling what could have been but I still say we'll see platinum by spring.

If the songs were 5 and 14 on the overall singles list, I'd agree with you.  The songs are 19 and 20 on a sub board (mainstream rock), not the overall singles chart.  Let's also note that Metallica (off the album a lot have said sucks) has 2 songs ahead of them on that same chart.  The album is 30 (down from 25).  That's embarrassing for a brand (yes, brand, not band) like Guns N' Roses.  How many of the 29 above them have been out as long or longer?  21.  Let's put the numbers into some perspective.  21 albums have been out as long or longer and are still pushing more copies than they are.  Want to know one of the albums that beat it this week?  The 99 Most Essential Beethoven Masterpieces.  Ouch.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

yur right about everything, buzz, except..............

i wouldn't go as far as to say they are done. they will need to come up with something more relevant next time around, whether it be more modern sounding or more classic sounding music if they want to surpass this album's numbers. they have that option because they have our ears. they have our ears because of the brand name.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Where the video at then
Better isnt gettin any airplay where i am, even the shitstained "rock" tosspots Kerrang arent ..

Board footer