You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: "Better" starting to gain MASSIVE steam..

Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

different times and cd will outlast contraband and will certainly go triple platinum at some point.

can i have some of what you're smoking? geez 16

tripple platinum? talk about counting your chickens be fore they hatch...they haven't even sold a 1/4 of that yet

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

any time neemo, if you can brave the minnesota weather

triple platinum worldwide for sure -

combine what they have sold worlwide now with the 1 and half million best buy already bought and they are already almost there.

ya know best buy will eventually sell all of there's even if they have to drop em down to 5 dollars a pop.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

CD WILL outlast CB, but that's for one reason and one reason only...

The "GUNS N' ROSES" name.

war

war wrote:

this is true but i could just as farily say cd would do four times better than CB 4 years ago when the economy was that much better and downloading wasn't an issue.

call it a wash and it comes back to the quality of the music.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

well contraband sold 2 mill stateside only (riaa certified)....i dunno what the CB worldwide sales are

EDIT: from wiki

[...]The album would later sell over 2.9 million copies in the United States, and 4 million worldwide[...]

The first single, "Slither", topped a composite world modern rock chart in June, and later hit #1 on the Billboard Mainstream Rock Chart for 8 weeks. The follow-up, "Fall to Pieces", was a major crossover hit that reached #1 on the Billboard Mainstream Rock Chart for 11 weeks.

them are some big numbers to follow folks

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
war wrote:

this is true but i could just as farily say cd would do four times better than CB 4 years ago when the economy was that much better and downloading wasn't an issue.

Downloading has been a major issue for years, that's why VR tried the 'anti-piracy' thing with CB, when you couldn't rip the album into mp3. (Well, comp experts could do it, but for the masses it was impossible).

I still don't get the 'economy' excuse... it's GN'R's/Axl Rose's first new release in 17 years, so anyone who is interested can have like 12 bucks for it. IF they are interested.

war

war wrote:

it's not an excuse it's a reality which is, along with the downloading,  significantly more prevelant now than when cb came out.

and when cd is only vailable at an appliance outlet like best buy, where people are clearly not shopping right now in times of financial difficulty and when the average gnr fan has kids and bills you have yourself an album that is not gonna sell as well as it deserves.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

14 ^ its an excuse.....you'll feel better about yourself when you face that fact bro...trust me

you were excited to say that it would pass 3 mill worldwide thinking it would be better than contraband, but then after i mentioned that CB actually sold 4 mil worldwide then sales dont matter cuz CD is better.... 16

anyway i'm just buggin ya 19

war

war wrote:

cd could go 4 times platinum as well but I won't promise that much nor do I care if it does or doesn't.

i know yur joking but in case you're even 5 percent serious i'll say that i really don't care if cb outsells cd. i was just pointing out cd is likley to go triple platinum and d-machine wasn't painting the complete picture.

in the end, cd is leaps and bounds better than cb IMO and that's enough for me.  if someone else likes cb more, more power to them.  i don't care as long as i don't have to listen to it. so don't move next door to me in hopes of sharing that great pot i have if you also plan on cranking vr while my kid's trying to sleep cuz it's not gonna happen.

if you bring good music, on the other hand, i'll share 21

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
war wrote:

Downloading has been a major issue for years, that's why VR tried the 'anti-piracy' thing with CB, when you couldn't rip the album into mp3. (Well, comp experts could do it, but for the masses it was impossible).

I still don't get the 'economy' excuse... it's GN'R's/Axl Rose's first new release in 17 years, so anyone who is interested can have like 12 bucks for it. IF they are interested.

Experts?

All you needed was a audio ripper. Took me 10 minutes for the album, to rip, convert, and burn.

Wow... way to stop me. 16

Board footer