You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Lars Comments on "Better" Video

war wrote:

true, although, it is axl that made that song epic
take out the vocals and the special effects and you have a pretty basic song with a nice outro

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Axl made NR boring. Slash's solos saved it. He should have gotten credit for it. Slash also took Estranged to another level, so he'd deserve writing credits for that, too. And a quick warning: please don't start the HTGTH 'Axl whistled the solos and Slash only played them on guitar' nonsense.

Sky Dog wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Axl made NR boring. Slash's solos saved it. He should have gotten credit for it. Slash also took Estranged to another level, so he'd deserve writing credits for that, too. And a quick warning: please don't start the HTGTH 'Axl whistled the solos and Slash only played them on guitar' nonsense.

to each his own, of course Slash was huge on those songs. However, the record stands as is. No writing credits. Sorry.:butt::peace:

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Writing credits only matter to those that deal with the money.  The public has heard Axl Rose's "vision" and responded with a pretty resounding no thanks.  All that does is add credibility to those that feel Axl needed Slash just as much as Slash needed Axl.

Whoever wrote that NR without Axl would be a pretty boring song with a great outro better also believe that without Slash it would have been a pretty boring song without a great outro.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

axlcrazy
 Rep: 4 

axlcrazy wrote:
russtcb wrote:

The general public hasn't heard the record and that's the problem in my opinion.

Ding. Ding. We have a winna!:thumbup:

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

its been out for 2 months (on the billboard charts) and there have been 2 singles in the top 20 billboard charts those who want to hear it have heard it

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Writing credits only matter to those that deal with the money.  The public has heard Axl Rose's "vision" and responded with a pretty resounding no thanks.  All that does is add credibility to those that feel Axl needed Slash just as much as Slash needed Axl.

Whoever wrote that NR without Axl would be a pretty boring song with a great outro better also believe that without Slash it would have been a pretty boring song without a great outro.

i think you are talking about my comment about coma right there.

you are absolutely correct about nr though. not a great song IMO, great lead guitar work but no izzy. i've been saying from day one that guitars or vocals don't save bad songs. you can still appreciate the individual efforts but the structure of the song must have integrity first and foremost and nr does not. this also holds axl back. there is nowhere for him to go with his trademark vocals when the music is so monotone and boring.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Neemo wrote:

its been out for 2 months (on the billboard charts) and there have been 2 singles in the top 20 billboard charts those who want to hear it have heard it

Oh I realize that. I'm saying most people haven't even given it a chance

I'm with you, and I know there are those who will say "give me a break, the music sucks, that's why people haven't bought it."  I just don't buy that.  I WILL buy the theory that people just aren't interested in Guns N' Roses as it is currently constructed (whatever that may be).  I don't think it's totally impossible to win some "new" fans over, but obviously some things would have to be done to accomplish that.  Since there haven't been any interviews, videos, appearances, etc. that doesn't bode well for gaining new fans or winning back old ones.

Board footer