You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Lars Comments on "Better" Video

DCK wrote:

I'm not his qualified shrink...

Psychiatrist.

Sorry. 9

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Axl doesn't give a damn about his own record. Why should the rest of the world? There is no conspiracy, but Axl's arrogancy and childish crying is annoying. He even managed to make his own fans pissed off, so how could he collect the sympathy of non-fans?

DEAD WRONG

if he didn't care about it he would have released it 6 years ago when the iron was hot.

We may not agree with what he does outside of the studio but this album deserves the same treatment as any other album and that is to be judged by it's own merits.

i'm not talking about the sales here - I'm talking about the music. Isn't that what this was supposed to be about in the first place? I'm talking about the DJ's that think it's ok to use their influence on the public irresponsibly by talking negatively about things they have no clue about.

axl should be judged by his fans for the way he "treats" his fan base.
The dj's just need to play the fuckin songs and promote their station.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

As a psychology major, the first thing you have to understand is you can't psychoanalyze a man you don't know, or haven't had a chance to truely talk to. Skippy's posts are funny, but at the end of the day, if you truely sat down and talked in depth with the man, you'd probably find out he's very deep, very focus, and knows exactly what he's talking about.

If anything, a POSSIBLE bipolar disorder, might alter his decision making from time to time.

As I said earlier in the thread, he's a man that probably refuses to play the media's game with them, and will die hard by it. As the song says - "to hell with the pressure, i'm not caving in". I believe that's truely heartfelt.

I kind of respect in a way. The man lives and dies by his own code.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

i agree with what DCK, Axlin08, and War are saying. i was a psychology major myself, and i don't judge people i don't know. Skippy needs to quit talking outta his ass. roll

war

war wrote:

axlin08 are you saying that you are a psychology major?

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

You know, I'm not trying to psychoanalyze the guy.

His behavior is out there and is open to interpretation. It's my interpretation of his behavior, not his thoughts.

I'm well beyond being a psychology major, and I've worked in-patient acute care psychiatric trauma units for 15 years.  Where we didn't listen to anything the patients said, WE WATCHED WHAT THEY DID.  Any asshole can and will say anything.  That's why you watch what people do.  Period.

Bi-polar disorder and borderline personality are disorders that often occur together.  I'm surprised a "psychology major" hadn't figured that one out yet.

If I was talking out of my ass I would be defending his behavior, which has no defense.

Could I be wrong?  Sure, I'm not perfect, but I've seen his behavior before somewhere, and it's usually with adolescent and post adolescent females.

Axl has completely lost me.   I can't even say the music is great, so it's worth putting up with anymore.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
war wrote:

Yes.

It takes a nut, to know one I figure.

war

war wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
war wrote:

Yes.

It takes a nut, to know one I figure.

cool, was gonna go that route myself but decided to get my girlfriend knocked up instead 16

but i still study the subject for pleasure

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Oooh, best wishes with that one. I'd love to have kids and a steady relationship, but it would totally derail me right now.

war

war wrote:
skippy wrote:

You know, I'm not trying to psychoanalyze the guy.

His behavior is out there and is open to interpretation. It's my interpretation of his behavior, not his thoughts.

I'm well beyond being a psychology major, and I've worked in-patient acute care psychiatric trauma units for 15 years.  Where we didn't listen to anything the patients said, WE WATCHED WHAT THEY DID.  Any asshole can and will say anything.  That's why you watch what people do.  Period.

Bi-polar disorder and borderline personality are disorders that often occur together.  I'm surprised a "psychology major" hadn't figured that one out yet.

If I was talking out of my ass I would be defending his behavior, which has no defense.

Could I be wrong?  Sure, I'm not perfect, but I've seen his behavior before somewhere, and it's usually with adolescent and post adolescent females.

Axl has completely lost me.   I can't even say the music is great, so it's worth putting up with anymore.

skippy, i think we'd all agree axl has been both a pussy and an immature one at times, some recent and some in the past. personally, I think axl got what he deserved when the band left him but that is between him and the band. So is the case with ticket sales or album sales.  Axl cancels shows, incites riots, and takes forever to release albums and fans dissappear. That's what happens and I'm sure he accepts that.

The media is another monster. Axl should be able to live his life how he chooses without it's two cents. It shouldn't be their job to deal out judgement and punishment. we all know how that works, including axl.

your original post is quick to insult axl and blame his behavior for his misfortune but you don't use any concrete examples to tie the "cause" to the "effect". if you're a psychology stud, enlighten us. Don't just tell us you are and offer only opinions.

Until then, I tend to think axl has done a lot of growing up and this is, along with the business side of things, what is fueling his current behavior.

Board footer