You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: Lars Comments on "Better" Video

gnfnraxl wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I guess I should clarify that I didn't mean that because Axl said it, it would come true.

I meant that for a multitude of reasons, I don't get why it's not out. For example, if it's already made (which if Lars has seen it, then I guess it is) why wouldn't the label just release it?

That's what I meant. I wasn't implying that I didn't understand why something Axl said was looking to be untrue.

Still not better Russ.  While what Axl did when he came online and chatted with the fans is still a very cool thing.  This whole CD thing has been just a giant clusterfuck of a mess.  Axl never quite explained why CD was so hard to release.  And obviously the clusterfuck is still going on even after it is released because he says it was rushed (That one is actually extremely funny), booklet was not ready, it was a double disc and whatever else Axl has said.  After 14 fucking years the release of this album was just a huge mess and will continue to be a fucking mess.  And the release of the Better video just further proves this.  My advice to Axl is fuck CD!  While it is a good album, just forget about it.  From the beginning this album was just a HUGE mess.  Just release your other albums and please move on.  All we want as fans is hear new music , see Axl tour and be as successful as possible.  Why CD was such a mess and was so hard to release?  I don't know and to be honnest at this point I don't think I care to know anymore.  We heard it, it is a good record but please Axl just move away from this record and move on to your next project.  This will help GNR a lot more than a fucking video of Better that by now nobody cares about.

The most amazing thing to me about this is that GNR is run like you would run a fucking garage band and I thought that Azoff would fix this but he didn't.  There I just summed it all up.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Axl just doesnt care about timelines....i have no doubt a Better video exists...but who knows when it'll come out....Axl is the ultimate procrastinator

Sky Dog wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I guess I should clarify that I didn't mean that because Axl said it, it would come true.

I meant that for a multitude of reasons, I don't get why it's not out. For example, if it's already made (which if Lars has seen it, then I guess it is) why wouldn't the label just release it?

That's what I meant. I wasn't implying that I didn't understand why something Axl said was looking to be untrue.

Still not better Russ.  While what Axl did when he came online and chatted with the fans is still a very cool thing.  This whole CD thing has been just a giant clusterfuck of a mess.  Axl never quite explained why CD was so hard to release.  And obviously the clusterfuck is still going on even after it is released because he says it was rushed (That one is actually extremely funny), booklet was not ready, it was a double disc and whatever else Axl has said.  After 14 fucking years the release of this album was just a huge mess and will continue to be a fucking mess.  And the release of the Better video just further proves this.  My advice to Axl is fuck CD!  While it is a good album, just forget about it.  From the beginning this album was just a HUGE mess.  Just release your other albums and please move on.  All we want as fans is hear new music , see Axl tour and be as successful as possible.  Why CD was such a mess and was so hard to release?  I don't know and to be honnest at this point I don't think I care to know anymore.  We heard it, it is a good record but please Axl just move away from this record and move on to your next project.  This will help GNR a lot more than a fucking video of Better that by now nobody cares about.

The most amazing thing to me about this is that GNR is run like you would run a fucking garage band and I thought that Azoff would fix this but he didn't.  There I just summed it all up.

Azoff got the record out and squared the books between Axl and Geffen-a pretty big accomplishment in my mind. However, ultimately, no one will control Axl, and he will do what he wants. It is obvious that Axl has no desire to promote the record. It is what it is.

I agree, he should dump all the material in a collector's edition boxset and move on.:/

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

I'm beginning to think that Axl may be lying to his fan base. smile

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:

He should.  He could go and record another record with whoever he has in his band now.  Start fresh.  After the recording is done (hopefully within a year) release the record cause even Axl can't have all his records be such a mess legally by the time it is ready to be released and tour behind that record.  By now nobody will ever take CD seriously.  Wether it is Axl's fault or not that record although a good album will never be taken seriously.  Everything seems to be a fucking legal mess about this even singles and or videos for crying out loud.  Like madgas said.  Release a collector's edition box set where you empty the vaults and put all the old new songs in it.  And then start writing a record with Ron and whoever else is still in GNR.  Cause let's face it at this point nothing can save CD.  It has been botched beyond anyone's imagination.  You'd have more chances to bring Lennon back to life than having something from CD that will be popular and would go on without any problems whatsoever.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
skippy wrote:

I'm beginning to think that Axl may be lying to his fan base. smile

Maybe he is and maybe he isn't.  I believe Axl when he says that this was a legal mess.  I really believe him.  But by now he should run away from that mess cause it is beyond ridiculous.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

for the most part, i believe everything he has said but he hasn't said much of anything - he kind of dances around the issues.  his reponse to the video question was of complete irrelevance, as if he had no say whatsoever in the matter. he had that stance with a lot of things. i just don't know if i believe that is the case. if the better video was coming out in a week or so as he said he would have known with certainty and it would have come out for these things are decided with more than a week's notice.

in regards to moving on to new material i think that may have been the plan from the get go. axl was very active in the public in '06 when he thought cd was coming out but it ended up coming out two years later and he's as uninvolved as one can be. what changed? managment and it's negotiations with best buy/geffen clearly changed everything.

axl has said that he dislikes touring and he may not like interviews either although, at times, he seems to relish in both. to axl's pleasure, management struck a deal with best buy that meant axl didn't need to do either. besides gnr already toured most of the world under the cd banner so why wouldn't he wash his hands of cd when a second album is either done or very close to being done?

i have a theory about the next album being almost all bumblefoot on lead guitar. he's the one on the myspace page advertised next to axl and he's the one out there doing gnr promo like the better video. which leads me to my next theory: the video axl promised was the one of bumblefoot and he was telling the truth 16

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:

Russ.  I just meant that by now you should know better that is all.  Nothing concerning CD seems to work.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer