You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Lars Comments on "Better" Video

Axlin16 wrote:

Del James was a friend of the band, Axl mainly, back when they were flat freakin' broke, before they ever took off. So i'm guessing he likes Axl, and Axl likes him - geniunely.

Beta is an employee, but it might've blossomed in to something else, something more friendship.

She's the Alfred to Axl's Batman.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Yeah, I know GN'R's history and I can believe Beta, Del etc. really likes Axl. Everybody has friends.
I don't think Beta would be so great in 'character judgement' that anyone she likes we should like. It's not about Axl, but it's hysterical that some people (not you) rate Beta or Del above the world. Their opinion is unquestionable.

Hey, they are human beings, just because they like someone it doesn't mean that the person isn't crazy. Not to mention the money factor: not only their 'love', but their financial needs strenghten their commitment to Axl, so please everybody stop the 'Beta loves Axl, so he isn't crazy' mantra. 

My question is still legit: what Del's doing for his living?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

He's Axl's full-time 'Ranchhand' if you get the idea.

Sky Dog wrote:

Mikka, Tommy was still a full time musician when he was doing the telemarketing thing. I assume he was just trying to make some extra money. He was a session musician and also had his band Perfect. He joined Gnr because he couldn't get the Perfect record released by his label. Let's leave Tommy out of this ridiculous discussion. He's been a musician and artist since he was 13 for christ's sake.

What the hell happened in here?

I'm glad I wasn't apart of this show...

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

So am I.

Good to see you back.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
madagas wrote:

Mikka, Tommy was still a full time musician when he was doing the telemarketing thing. I assume he was just trying to make some extra money. He was a session musician and also had his band Perfect. He joined Gnr because he couldn't get the Perfect record released by his label. Let's leave Tommy out of this ridiculous discussion. He's been a musician and artist since he was 13 for christ's sake.

Yeah, I left him out of my last posts, since he has a career outside Axl's camp.
It doesn't change my opinion that just because Tommy likes Axl, Axl is not crazy. That's where the argument was started by someone. BTW I'm not sure if Tommy's so fond of Axl's personality and decisions, although he's been very loyal in the last decade.

Axlin08 wrote:

He's Axl's full-time 'Ranchhand' if you get the idea.

Yeah, sorta, as far as I know. (The question was directed to one specific forum member, who found insulting the idea that Del's wealth depends on Axl.) Since the answer, as we all knew, starts with 'he's Axl's...' I take it as my point is proven: Del is not an objective (IMO not even very reliable) source since he's paid by Axl.

So to sum it all: the fact (or opinion) that anyone likes Axl, Slash, Britney or Wino, does not tell anything about the person's personality.

I'm still entitled to my opinion that the FACT that Marilyn Manson, who is known for his eccentrics and out-of-ordinary antics (another FACT), therefore he's CONSIDERED TO BE close to crazy (OPINION), and he seems to be very open and appreciative for every out-of-line behavior (FACT), thinks that somebody's gone so far mentally that he is crazy (OPINION) means something. He's not the oracle, he's not some modern Pythia. But his opinion strongly tells something. It's like when Steven Tyler and Joe Perry gave the Toxic Twins T-shirt to Slash, or when Slash warned Amy Winehouse to pull herself together, or she'd die.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

They are on Axl's paylist. Beta became a personal assistant/some kind of manager from a housekeeper. I guess she doesn't want to clean the toilet anymore. Del James... well, the only thing why he's 'famous' is Axl Rose. He's the typical hanger-on, lives off Axl. Tommy was a telesales guy before Axl called him. I think it's better to be in a legendary band and not doing anything, or working for the vaults than going back to find another 9 to 5 job in telemarketing.

Now this is plain dumb.

Besides being terribly insulting to these people, it's downright stupidity to explain my point with this nonsense. Try harder. You usually got some points, even if I don't agree with them. But this? Come on.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Then tell me what Del's doing for his living, since you got so offended. Tell me what Tommy worked before he joined GN'R. Tell me what Beta's job was. Try to deny it with some proof.

del is guns n roses' tour manager. i'm sure you'll find some way to insult him about that. 17

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

del was tour manager in 06 .... not before (at least i dont beleive so), as for his day job....hes a writer, so thats his job, who knows what he has done to supliment his income...maybe he makes enough royalties of books and song writng credits....then has other income as a free lance writer to magazines ... dunno, dont care

Beta was Steph Seymour's nanny/housekeeper or something, when her and Axl split she stayed living with Axl and eventually somehow became his personal assistant

Tommy started in the replacements at an early age (13 or 14?) and stayed with them until they broke up in the early 90's, then played for a band called bash and pop then he formed another band called perfect. by 1998 he was in Gnr...so he's been a musician his whole life basically

as to how good of a judge of character they are...who cares? as for Axl's sanity....who cares

Board footer