You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: Lars Comments on "Better" Video

gnfnraxl wrote:
russtcb wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Russ.  I just meant that by now you should know better that is all.  Nothing concerning CD seems to work.

Gotcha.

Well, my main point is that you would think the label would just dump it out there.

You would think indeed.  But they don't.  Like I stated.  I truly believe Axl when he says that it's nothing short of a miracle that we got the album.  What is all the legal mess behind this?  I don't know and I'm not entirely sure anyone knows completely.  That is why I have given up on this album.  We got it and that is all.  We shouldn't expect more.  Let's hope Axl empties the vaults and moves on to another record that will hopefully be less of a mess legally.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Maybe the lighting in the video is off. I'll bet Axl took it upon himself to sit in the editing room and he's likley trying ever possible contrast imagineable. That or he's trying to figure out a way to have a  30 piece orchestra appear in the video and have it make any sense whatsoever. I dont' know just a few theories.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Ain't it fun when you feel like you just gotta get a gun

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

My thoughts are that Axl needs to stop beating a Dead Horse now with CD.  For whatever reason they just couldn't get their act together with this damn thing and the ship has sailed.  It's a shame coz I think it's a solid album when held against other shit on offer today.

I mean fuck people you have a video ready to release to coincide with the single when it's released.  How long ago now was Better released as a single???

I'm sorry but I just really can't understand what is so fucking hard about this whole thing.  Regardless of legal and other bullshit someone with a strong sense of leadership would get all this shit done irrespective of the obstacles thrown at them.  He's not the first artist to have a lovers tiffs and legal arguements with old band members.  I would love to be enlightened as to what is so bloody difficult and what is causing them so much trouble.

Axl is a fanstastic artist but he is not a managers fucken asshole.  He needs to recognise this and bloody give up some control and delegate to some decent people, then most importantly listen to what these people tell him to do.  I'm sure that may mean having to do some things that he may not entirely like or feel could be done a different way.  Too bad - suck it up, the worlds not going to end.

My only thought with this Better video is if there is some truth in the rumour that after the 6 month best buy exclusive ends, he's gonna release HIS version of the album, artwork etc.  Then he's going to actually promote with a video etc etc.  Not saying it will work but perhaps that's what he's going to do.  Although that would certainly screw over Azoff's relationship with BB - although some would argue that the CD fiasco has already done that.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl has NO business sense at all. I think everyone has known that for years.

And it's pretty pathetic that everyone (not here) is jumping on Beta's case. Axl is a grown ass man and makes his own decisions or non-decisions for that matter. It's not Beta's fault that he couldn't run a fuckin' gas station.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

And it's pretty pathetic that everyone (not here) is jumping on Beta's case. Axl is a grown ass man and makes his own decisions or non-decisions for that matter. It's not Beta's fault that he couldn't run a fuckin' gas station.

No business sense at all?

Seems like he gained the rights to the name GNR beyond a shadow of a doubt.  That proves he's got some business sense. 

I do agree that people shouldn't be blaming Beta for this.

Sky Dog wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Are you stoned? Who is jumping on Beta's case?

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

no business sense? this album's release has been ALL business. that's the problem. we don't even know if axl wants super stardom any more or if he plans to go after it later and was content burrying cd. if that is the case, everybody involved got what they wanted as far as money goes and went on vacation. i'd be questioning best buy's business sense, myself. the question then becomes: how many people that bought cd at best buy bought anything else?

i didn't

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
war wrote:

no business sense? this album's release has been ALL business. that's the problem. we don't even know if axl wants super stardom any more or if he plans to go after it later and was content burrying cd. if that is the case, everybody involved got what they wanted as far as money goes and went on vacation. i'd be questioning best buy's business sense, myself. the question then becomes: how many people that bought cd at best buy bought anything else?

i didn't

excellent point...i walked in...got the album and walked out...i didn't even consider buying anything else.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Aussie wrote:

My thoughts are that Axl needs to stop beating a Dead Horse now with CD.  For whatever reason they just couldn't get their act together with this damn thing and the ship has sailed.  It's a shame coz I think it's a solid album when held against other shit on offer today.

I mean fuck people you have a video ready to release to coincide with the single when it's released.  How long ago now was Better released as a single???

I'm sorry but I just really can't understand what is so fucking hard about this whole thing.  Regardless of legal and other bullshit someone with a strong sense of leadership would get all this shit done irrespective of the obstacles thrown at them.  He's not the first artist to have a lovers tiffs and legal arguements with old band members.  I would love to be enlightened as to what is so bloody difficult and what is causing them so much trouble.

Axl is a fanstastic artist but he is not a managers fucken asshole.  He needs to recognise this and bloody give up some control and delegate to some decent people, then most importantly listen to what these people tell him to do.  I'm sure that may mean having to do some things that he may not entirely like or feel could be done a different way.  Too bad - suck it up, the worlds not going to end.

My only thought with this Better video is if there is some truth in the rumour that after the 6 month best buy exclusive ends, he's gonna release HIS version of the album, artwork etc.  Then he's going to actually promote with a video etc etc.  Not saying it will work but perhaps that's what he's going to do.  Although that would certainly screw over Azoff's relationship with BB - although some would argue that the CD fiasco has already done that.

Wow...I don't see this at all...releasing his own version of the album??? All this intricate plans...

Dood...he couldn't even release the first album on his own

Board footer