You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Lars Comments on "Better" Video

war wrote:
DCK wrote:

All Bumblefoot lead guitar album? Don't make me laugh. If that's the case I'll eat my own boxers.

how much have you really heard from the guy? I never understood the hate for his playing. We have heard very little of his gnr work and of that it's all him playing other people's shit. obviously, anything he writes will be a much better indicator of what he does.

his solo work, whether you like it or not, is probably the best way to get a feel for him but even that angle is dicey for it's such a different type of music than gnr.

Totally agreed.

If you ask me, Bumblefoot is extremely diverse with how many projects, not just his own career he's worked on.    Having said that, talking about his solo work,  his albums are great, not only is he an excellent guitar player but he has an incredible voice, he writes, sings, arranges and plays excellent songs.   You can't ask for a better person to be in the band we all love, that has all that talent within himself.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

finally, some support........it was 1 on 2 for a while there  16

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

being solo is 1 thing, being in a band is another.. not forced to fit into any and every band you play with.. doesnt mean you are good/bad..

war

war wrote:

if we were talking about the don't cry instrumental you would be correct.

in this case, however, "SOLO" only means a part from gnr.
there are drums and bass guitars, other musicians, etc. on his solo records.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

mickronson

mickronson wrote:
war wrote:

No i mean his solo work.. His solo projects (which are cool) and whats involved and how well he can work and how much he can let his creative juices flow, is a lot different to being in a band..
Some people are better at being a solo act.. not saying he is or is not..

war

war wrote:
russtcb wrote:
war wrote:

finally, some support........it was 1 on 2 for a while there  16

I love bbf's work on CD. I think all of his contributions are awesome. I even like the Riad solo better. I just don't pipe up much because it's all opinion and there are just so many that disagree with me on it.

it's always the nay sayers doing the majority of talking, isn't it?

war

war wrote:
mickronson wrote:
war wrote:

No i mean his solo work.. His solo projects (which are cool) and whats involved and how well he can work and how much he can let his creative juices flow, is a lot different to being in a band..
Some people are better at being a solo act.. not saying he is or is not..

the only solo records i know of feature a band behind him. he probably funds and writes the majority of it and so henceforth he gets to call the band by his name.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

What I know from CD with Ron is that his playing (outside If The World) did not fit the music and actually hurt the songs, imo. Would it sound different if he wrote some music? Maybe, who knows. But as of right now, with what I'm hearing, his playing doesn't fit in with the band. Maybe that's Axl's fault for putting him on the songs and layering it too much. But his playing sounds the same on every song he's on and this was music he contributed to that he felt "helped" the flow of the songs... To me it ruined them. And it doesn't give me much hope for the future.... Re-recordings.

Its his playing and Axl's tinkering that took a great album and made it good.

mickronson

mickronson wrote:

well I know he doesnt play guitar while tappin his foot to bang a drum ...
of course he has a band behind him. he is the band , same as axl is..

Board footer