You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: What Are You Listening To?

One of my favorite DLR solo songs. smile

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

RaZor wrote:

Digging the Hevy Metal / Rock-a-billy thing these guys have going.  I think they're touring the US this year, and working on a new record.  I downloaded their last record, and I thought it was pretty badass.

Great picks. Really enjoyed some of those tunes.  A friend of mine showed me a few of their songs a couple weeks ago and I liked what I heard. They are part of a festival in NC that I'm hoping me, my bro, and a group of people can show up to in a few months.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

Sounds cool, enjoy. Per those video's it looks like they put on a good show.  I came across them a few months ago.  I was reading the review for Apocalyptic Love at www.allmusic.com, and Volbeat's last album was listed as being similar. So I checked them out and was glad I did.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
RaZor wrote:

Sounds cool, enjoy. Per those video's it looks like they put on a good show.  I came across them a few months ago.  I was reading the review for Apocalyptic Love at www.allmusic.com, and Volbeat's last album was listed as being similar. So I checked them out and was glad I did.

I've liked everything I've heard from Volbeat but haven't gotten around to purchasing any of their works.  I keep meaning to check to see if any of their CD's are on sale, below my self imposed limit of $10.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

The Def Leppard CD's I ordered from Amazon, Pyromania and Hystaria, came yesturday and I've listened to them both already.  Fucking awesome albums, I'm glad I made the purchase.  I think the moment I enjoyed most was on Hysteria, the track Gods of War.  As if listening to these albums wasn't enough of trip back in time,  the song ends with sound bites of Ronnie Reagan. Lovin' it.

And staying on my 80's hair metal kick/lastest obsession, I rediscovered White Lion.  I came across a really positive review of their album Pride, and it peaked my interest because they compared the lead guitarist to EVH, and I remembered their song When the Children Cry. So I'm listening to that album now, pretty awesome as well.

Here's a fun fact about White Lion.  They had a couple of big albums in the late 80's early 90's, broke up, reformed to put out an album in 2008, but the only original member was the lead singer. 16

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Vito Bratta is an excellent guitarist who unfortunately has mostly disappeared.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

RaZor

RaZor wrote:
smoke wrote:

Vito Bratta is an excellent guitarist who unfortunately has mostly disappeared.

Its a real shame. I finished Pride last night and heard most of Big Game before knocking out, and I really liked them both.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:
Axl S wrote:

I listened to previews of Coheeds new albums on iTunes a few Weeks ago. Sounds good, but the post grunge stuff just isn't doing it for me lately.

Lomax wrote:

@razor Is it cos they're all shit?

New David bowie album dropped here 4 days early.
That's how you do a rock n roll comeback.

Board footer