You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: What Are You Listening To?

Love this version. Great pick my good man! 9 Can't go wrong with Dr. Brian May!!

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

If CD had come out in '98 it would have topped the charts no doubt. sad

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

RussTCB wrote:

9 9 9 9

Rock on JWIII!!!

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

New Drowning Pool

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

I've made a new playlist for my morning and afternoon commute, I call it Glam Metal Y2K, and it contains the following albums:

Chinese Democracy - GNR
Kicking & Screaming - Sebastian Bach
Yeah! - Def Leppard
Songs from the Sparkle Lounge - Def Leppard
Slash - Slash
Apocalyptic Love - Slash
A Different Kind of Truth - Van Halen
Sick and Twisted Affair Sick and Twisted Affair - My Darkest Days
Hot Cakes - The Darkness
Bag of Bones - Europe
What About Now - Bon Jovi
Lost Highway - Bon Jovi
Infestation - Ratt
Back From the Dead Back From the Dead - Adler

I put the full albums on the playlist, so I'm thinking this bad boy will last me for a while before I get bored.  It's been the soundtrack to my commute for the past week.  I've noticed I've been driving slower and more patient with traffic, since I want to keep listening.  smile

Me_Wise_Magic

RaZor wrote:

I've made a new playlist for my morning and afternoon commute, I call it Glam Metal Y2K, and it contains the following albums:

Chinese Democracy - GNR
Kicking & Screaming - Sebastian Bach
Yeah! - Def Leppard
Songs from the Sparkle Lounge - Def Leppard
Slash - Slash
Apocalyptic Love - Slash
A Different Kind of Truth - Van Halen
Sick and Twisted Affair Sick and Twisted Affair - My Darkest Days
Hot Cakes - The Darkness
Bag of Bones - Europe
What About Now - Bon Jovi
Lost Highway - Bon Jovi
Infestation - Ratt
Back From the Dead Back From the Dead - Adler

I put the full albums on the playlist, so I'm thinking this bad boy will last me for a while before I get bored.  It's been the soundtrack to my commute for the past week.  I've noticed I've been driving slower and more patient with traffic, since I want to keep listening.  smile

Very impressive!! Great selections! 5

RaZor

RaZor wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

Very impressive!! Great selections! 5

Thank you sir!

Me_Wise_Magic

Forgot to mention this a few days ago. I got around to finally listening to a couple albums lately. David Bowie's The Next Day is a phenomenal rock record and not just your typical comeback. Filled with such great songs that match most of Bowie's late 70s and early 80s material. His voice and performances still got it and proves he is still the Duke. I didn't expect to like it a ton only just a few songs. It is up there with Van Halen's ADKoT in my honest opinion.  Check it out if you are already a fan, casual, rock fan, or whatever. smile I got the standard CD at the moment.

I picked up the new Killswitch Engage, Disarm the Descent album with that and got around listening. Blasted it on my family's Blu Ray player and it's a great metal record. I got into the Howard Jones material and he is the superior frontman/vocalist; but Jesse ups his game since the last time he was in the band and it shows in terms of his improved vocals and song writing. The rest of the band is awesome as usual; but it's a more heavy and explosive record than the 2009 one which I thought was great too. Would love to see them live again. Since back in 2010, I saw the band without either vocalist and All That Remains' singer Phil stepped up to fill in for Howard who was ill at the time. Got the special edition which comes with 2 bonus songs from the sessions that go great with the track list, 2 recorded live songs from a show a couple months ago, and a half hour doc on the making of the album that if you are already a fan you'll enjoy as much as I did.

American Capitalist by Five Finger Death Punch is another great metal record that I highly recommend if you are into some melodic chorus heavy rockers with a great rhythm section produced by Ozzy's current producer/collaborator, Kevin Churko. Ivan's vocals are killer. They are recording a new album already.

Board footer