You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Axl Rose Speaks to Billboard

misterID wrote:

I've seen snippets of concerts on Vh1 now and again that shounded fan-fucking-tastic. One of them the back up singers were 2 black chicks. I've never seen the footage before, but it was the best version of LALD they ever did. It looked to have been around '93, I'd say.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Some people are way too quick to make excuses for Axl.  Don't bother, he has plenty of his own and doesn't need or want your help.

In other words, nothing he can say or do will ever convince you of his argument.

Axl's fighting to win a fixed game.

People like you, the media, and Slash fans enjoy making him out to be the bad guy, because it's EASY. Face it. Just like when VR soured, Slash fans immediately blamed Weiland. It's day old. Seems to me he's a bitch guitarist that runs off vocalists, not the other way around. Robin is not out of GN'R and has been with the band for a decade, as has Tommy, and Richard Fortus has been with the band for 8. So apparently it ain't a 'guitarist' thang.

If anything I believe Axl more now, than ever, based solely on the fact he looks like a lunatic dumbass, and continues to plead his case. That's a man with conviction.

Unlike - 21 or any of the other former members, who's stories have been widely inconsistent over the years, unlike Axl who's stuck by his argument since the beginning.

Oh and your comment about how 'he doesn't want your help'... not true... a man who doesn't give a fuck, doesn't bother to plead his case. He wants someone to believe him. Some do. Some don't.

Gonna have to prove u wrong on this

Remember when Robin left in 99 or whenever and Axl pretty  much called him a limited guitarist? remember what he said? I can find the entire interview if u want, I'd rather not, but he threw Robin Under the bus

When Bucket left, he sort of threw Bucket under the bus.

Like Buzz said, the stories are somewhere a long 12 to 1.

so is the entire world lying?

I seriously doubt it.

Now, I don't place all blame on Axl, but to pretend he has "NO" blame whatsoever is just ludicrous.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

the rant at the end of dust n bones is hiarious based on shows in recent years 16

the famous AFD/Jackoff rant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIZFYvY0 … re=related

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

I must watch this gig again... and not watch the riot this time...that was SCARY shit

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I love Nightrain from Argentina when he stops the show right in the middle of the song. When the song picks back up he's right fucking on. Great finish.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
misterID wrote:

I love Nightrain from Argentina when he stops the show right in the middle of the song. When the song picks back up he's right fucking on. Great finish.

the acoustic bit in the middle of that argentina show was killer 9

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

That's it exactly.  That doesn't mean it's ALL Axl's fault.  It isn't, and most of us know that.  But he has to take his fair share of the blame for what happened instead of blaming Slash the couple times he chooses to speak.  There are way too many coincidences for Axl not to be the biggest reason for the breakup of the old band.  Again, not the only reason, but everybody seems to get along with each other except for one guy...that says something.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

That's it exactly.  That doesn't mean it's ALL Axl's fault.  It isn't, and most of us know that.  But he has to take his fair share of the blame for what happened instead of blaming Slash the couple times he chooses to speak.  There are way too many coincidences for Axl not to be the biggest reason for the breakup of the old band.  Again, not the only reason, but everybody seems to get along with each other except for one guy...that says something.

It could just mean that Duff, Matt, and Slash are closer to each other than they are or ever were to Axl.  People tend to side with their friends.  From all accounts I've ever read Duff and Slash were always close and Axl was always more of a loner, and Matt was never all that close to Axl.

I agree, I'm sure all parties involved share some of the blame, but just because it seems that everyone in the world has one story and Axl has his doesn't necessarily mean his is wrong.  And actually I'm sure Axl isn't alone.  I know nobody seems to respect his camp, but I'm sure he's got a quite a few people that believe his side of the story.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Who knows if there even is a right or wrong in this situation. We're talking about a lot of stress on these people, growing up on the streets, drugs, superstardom...it would have been insane.

Board footer