You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Re: Axl Rose Speaks to Billboard

Coma wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Neemo wrote:

well we all know that Duff stayed with Axl for years after slash left...

Like 6 months... Guess he was waiting for Slash to come back.

not 2 years? slash in 1996 and duff 1998

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Axl could be one of the nicest guys if you actually sat down and got to know him, but if you just look at his bad boy antics, well then you build your own perception that that's who he is

I think that about sums Axl up Faldor. As the man himself once said, 'Don't mess with the bad side of me'.
There are many examples of his generosity, graciousness and actual shyness out there too.

My main thing is that I think his fixation with Slash is now after so long essentially obsessive compulsive and must be exhausting for him and those around him.

Sure we can debate the 'who did what' stuff forever but the man has permanently hung himself up with issues concerning Slash and Stephanie; both of whom are long gone and have moved on.

I often wonder how none of these highly paid therapists could help him get passed all of that. For all of his sins as a control freak, he seems tragically prone to the bullshit of certain alternative healer types.

Its a pity he never found a woman who really loved him enough to challenge his behaviors and get him to grow and develop beyond the need for hangers on and yes men. I firmly believe its the key to unlocking Axl Rose, I think it's all he's ever really needed.

Look at what a good wife has done for Slash and Duff.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Another wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Neemo wrote:

well we all know that Duff stayed with Axl for years after slash left...

Slash left in late October, 1996 and Duff bailed in August, 1997. 9 or 10 months then.

AtariLegend wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Another wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Slash left in late October, 1996 and Duff bailed in August, 1997. 9 or 10 months then.

Duff did leave in '97, but Slash said that he had been out of the band for a year in '96... That was the first confirmation.

So Duff did stay around 2 years.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Another wrote:

Duff did leave in '97, but Slash said that he had been out of the band for a year in '96... That was the first confirmation.

So Duff did stay around 2 years.

No, it was Axl Axl who said that Slash hadn't been part of the band for a year. Huge difference.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

There are many examples of his generosity, graciousness and actual shyness out there too.

It absolutely is, but he ruins that with Slash interviews. I don't get why he does that. There's many cases where Axl has shown to be a caring soul, but what good does those do when he comes off like a prick in interviews.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl has described himself as "blunt".

Seems pretty accurate in his interviews.

Board footer