You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: ARod tested positive for steroids in 2003

Axlin16 wrote:

Bwhahaha, you another old school "Big Hurt Baseball" guy! Lmao

Fucking awful game, but it was absolutely legend. That shit sticks out in my head, playing that shit in the mid-90's on Sega Genesis, with 15-minute rain delays on a video game, guys who normally hit 10HR a year, hit 60HR on that game, and Big Frank was over 100+ each season easily, not to mention the countless fuck ups in the game with Righty hitters & pitchers being lefty, and vice versa, along with black guys being white, and white guys being black.

But the gameplay is classic.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Bwhahaha, you another old school "Big Hurt Baseball" guy! Lmao

Fucking awful game, but it was absolutely legend. That shit sticks out in my head, playing that shit in the mid-90's on Sega Genesis, with 15-minute rain delays on a video game, guys who normally hit 10HR a year, hit 60HR on that game, and Big Frank was over 100+ each season easily, not to mention the countless fuck ups in the game with Righty hitters & pitchers being lefty, and vice versa, along with black guys being white, and white guys being black.

But the gameplay is classic.

Fuck yes. My favorite thing in that game was the home run derby. Crank the living shit out of the ball. Any time Griffey would be in a slump in real life I'd crank up the Sega and hit 3 or 4 homers in a game (or 100 in the HR Derby LOL), and usually he'd come out of the slump the next day. 16:beer:

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Ken Griffey Baseball was another gem. I swear to God Russ Davis was the best player in that game. I hit homeruns with that dude every single time I was batting.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Ken Griffey Baseball was another gem. I swear to God Russ Davis was the best player in that game. I hit homeruns with that dude every single time I was batting.

Damn straight. I had it on that portable Sega device. I hit a shitload of grand slams with Davis. Griffey actually wasn't that great at hitting home runs in that game.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Holy shit, has anyone seen Letterman's Top 10 voicemails on A-Rod's answering machine? I just saw it on Sportscenter and it's hilarious. I think it's probably one of the funniest Top 10's they've ever done on the Letterman show. And here it is:

10. "Hey, it's Mark McGwire. Want to get together this week and not talk about the past?"

9. "Joe Torre here -- thanks for helping book sales."

8. "Could you find a steroid that keeps you from choking in the playoffs?"

7. "Are you worried this will taint all the championships you didn't win?"

6. "It's Bernie Madoff. Nice try but I'm still the most hated man in New York."

5. "Michael Phelps here. Got any snacks?"

4. "This is Sammy Sosa. Just pretend you don't speak English."

3. "Michael Phelps again. Did I call you or did you call me?"

2. "Hey, it's Rod Blagojevich -- I'll say you're innocent, if you say I am."

1. "It's Madonna. You got a phone number for Jeter?"

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Damn, they nailed just about everyone that's relevant right now. Hell, they even went after the infamous "friendship" between Jeter and A-Rod (some think they're in the closet with each other) with the Madonna joke. Brilliant Top 10 list.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

I hope Jeter's name doesn't get dragged in the mud. The dude is a class act.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

That might be the best Top-10 they've ever done.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

That might be the best Top-10 they've ever done.

The Sportscenter anchors were like, "A-Rod likes to make fun of himself. Do you think he laughed at that? Uh...no." That's when you know it's a great joke. When it completely and utterly offends the intended target(s) AND it doesn't offend anyone else, you've succeeded. Good job Dave. 22:haha:

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

7. "Are you worried this will taint all the championships you didn't win?"

That one hurt all Yankee fans.

Got some Snacks? Haha.

Board footer