You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Wich one of this songs you like to see in the Next GN'R Album ?

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Bucket in TWAT, and his shockingly, bluesier and soulful sound in Sorry.

People keep saying that, but to me the Sorry solo isn't really that impressive as a blues solo, leaving out the obvious Slash comparisons and the rest, bucket himself has played more expressively and impressively IMO. There's a song on Giant robot...i think its "Chicken Boy" where he really wails...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think I point out the solo on Sorry, because people LOVE to really pigeonhole Bucket as this fast shredder with no real emotion.

Listen to Sorry. TOTAL emotion. And yes, your right, there's other songs in his solo catalog too.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Some people are just never going to like Bucket no matter what. I can understand that he just doesn't fit what they like playing wise, but there are some around here that won't allow themselves to like his playing.

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Coma wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
DCK wrote:

But no one can live up to that. Not even John Lennon being resurrected and recording new material. NO ONE can live up to that hype.

I usually don't say it, but I kept going on and on about this back in 01, 02 and 03 at some other forum and I can proudly say now, "I told you so".

The hype was bigger than the Universe itself. It could not be met. Period.

I said in 02 that the album would be met with different categories of people.

First category is the people who hate it because they decided to hate it when they found out Axl continued on with the name. Sort of like a kid decides to hate daddys new wife because she's not mom. It's pretty retarded.

Second category is the people who expected a musical revelation not even matched by resurrection of your favorite religious character. It can't be met. There's a few of those around too. Being whiny because they had such high expectations and have to listen to an over-kill studio version of Madagascar.

Third category is the people who have some rational thinking left. To judge the music for what it is based on what it is. These can easily be spotted when reading reviews.

CD ain't AFD II, there is no Slash, it might have some UYI influences, but ultimately it's a totally different beast.

Actually, I was listening to some Illusion stuff back to back to the epics on CD and I was surprised how close they are to each other. The piano version of November Rain vs This I Love...it's like the songs are brothers.

It's the rockers that are just so different in comparison to GNR's past stuff.

exactly

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Some people are just never going to like Bucket no matter what. I can understand that he just doesn't fit what they like playing wise, but there are some around here that won't allow themselves to like his playing.

Yeah I really like his playing...i just don't think his Sorry solo is really a good example of his best work. He's played far better blusier things elsewhere to me. To me its like if you start pimping out "Anything Goes" as Slash's best solo...its good enough...but its not either player's finest hour.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

No one is saying Sorry is a best example.

But we're comparing GN'R street cred. People bashed Bucket on stuff like that, and praised Slash. We now have official Bucket GN'R material, that proves them wrong - Sorry.

2008 Intentions
 Rep: 6 

i voted for a "new" Oh My God with the fucking, crazy, awesome guitar player BUCKETHEAD, but a "Soul Monster" leak will be awesome

Board footer