You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Axl Rose Insists Original Guns N' Roses Lineup Is Dead and Buried

Olorin wrote:

With his guitar or without his guitar, what was he going to do? Storm the stage, plug it in and start playing Jungle? It just sounds completely paranoid and irrational, like a fantasy nightmare in Axls mind.

His "press release", which was also below the belt, following Slash coming to his house sounded more like the kind of things Slash would say in Axls wildest dreams. The more he talks its obvious who, out of Slash and Axl, actually consider Duff "spineless".
I suspected then and believe now, he fabricated that whole story to suit his on twisted vendetta.

There was a comment in Classic Rock about Axls chat with the fans. They said it could possibly be viewed as admirable, going  straight to the fans, but "on the other hand it gave him a freedom to rant without fear of contradiction with accusations about Slash, Brian May, the media and his first manager Alan Niven"

This Del interview was cut of the same cloth.

Big Gun
 Rep: 11 

Big Gun wrote:

i never took sides coz i don't care about spitting games between rock stars, but this is the best promo for slash. he couldn't have hoped for better publicity. imo, with the media, slash has won this battle long time ago. i cant believe that by doing this axl thinks he'll ruin slashs reputation. axl is 10+ years to late doing this - not many give a shit anymore.

slash may have not done anything musically great since he left gnr, but axl 17 years later and 15 million to make a record hasn't given to the music listening public anything special either.

one fucking job,release music and tour, that axl is supposed to do he's not interested in doing it and doesnt really want to talk about it. instead he comes out every five years to bash slash and when asked about new music or who is in the band he becomes suspiciously vague.
axl please do what you do best, release music,tour the world coz not many are interested whos fault was for the break up - not after so many years. we get it you guys could not get along and it was a miracle that lasted as long as it did. we as fans got it long time ago.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

mrbill
 Rep: 0 

mrbill wrote:

29vcex2.png

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

If Slash has any brains left all he has to do is take the high road and the world will see just another vicious and crass random attack on him by Axl Rose. It just reinforces the widespread perception the he is deeply unlikable.

I used to admire him, but the more he speaks, the more I dont know what to make of him anymore. But I know I definently think less of him than I did a few years back. I lost faith in his ability to run GN'R quite a few years ago but still thought highly of him as a person. Over the years though it has just wore away, I think all I admired was just a fantasy conjured up by his lyrics in my mind.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I just want to say again that Del James is not a "music journalist".

If he's a "Music Journalist" then I'm a "Social Commentator" because I post here.

Christ. Do a real fucking interview! Don't post stuff you took a year to write as "candid answers to fans questions" on message boards. Don't take softball questions via email from Billboard. Don't "go off on Slash" through your "music journalist" friend Del James.

DO A FUCKING REAL INTERVIEW.

I'll bet my boots del wrote that introduction as well 14

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

I found a site showing the abridged version of the interview.

Says it all really roll

93X has these loving words from Guns N' Roses singer Axl Rose:

Q: When's the next album?

A: "Have no idea and don't care. Hopefully, we'll be working 'Chinese' for a good bit. Of course there's the same idiots that have been around forever already demanding release dates."

Q: How much material is there?

A: "Not as much as Baz [Sebastian Bach] thinks he heard! Really, it doesn't matter. If things go well enough, we'd like to get another out at some point in our lifetimes."

Q: Is anything finished?

A: "Depends how you look at it."

Q: How do you look at it?

A: "Not something we've focused on."

Q: You're not saying much.

A: "You got that? What I can say is if you don't like this, then you probably won't like that. Same people, lots more approaches, bit meaner in places and darker in some. Robin does a really great Stevie Ray Vaughan-type solo on one track."

Wow, us here at 93X have learned so much from you Axl... you never cease to amaze us! Did we forget to mention that he said this about Slash?

"Slash either should not have been in Guns to begin with or should have left after Lies. In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided — and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better."

http://93x.com/article.asp?id=1188780&SBID=4444

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

"Slash either should not have been in Guns to begin with or should have left after Lies. In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided — and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better."

It's IMO way to harsh. It's fun to see them go, but for what is he trying to gain from calling him a cancer? He should know that doing this just further alienates him from any form of respectable media relations and adds just more hatred of Axl to the bonfire everyone seems to enjoy.

If Slash has any brains left all he has to do is take the high road and the world will see just another vicious and crass random attack on him by Axl Rose. It just reinforces the widespread perception the he is deeply unlikable.

It's all there for the taking. Axl spoiled a 15 year old (and growing) chance to come out on top and blows it away with yet another Slash-hate interview.
Slash can be the biggest idiot in the world and still win this hands down because Axl didn't play his cards right. And he had all the cards, he could simply just pick and choose and in 8 out of 10 cases, come out on top. Amazingly enough, he picked one of the other 2 and left the door WIDE open for Slash. Amazing turn of events if you ask me.

It's so unrational I'm beginning to think that's the way he wants it to be, so he can be left alone for good. However, why on earth do interviews if that's the case.

If he got any sense at all, shut the fuck up about Slash and talk about something else. For Gods sake.

Big Gun

Big Gun wrote:

another thing that annoys me with axl is that he is not shy when it comes attacking fans. i'm not sure what he is trying to achieve with this, is just something you dont do. no mater how negative fans get ,and only a handful are really nasty, we are the paying public so at least we can have a bloody opinion. he might have a case if his music and the tour were for free.

Big Gun

Big Gun wrote:

i forgot the part about when he talks about new music, the way he describes it and that he might or might not release it - i am officially not interested. i wont be rushing anymore to the store to buy the vinil copy, i will download for free first and see if i like it.

Board footer