You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Axl Rose Insists Original Guns N' Roses Lineup Is Dead and Buried

Sky Dog wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I'd fall in love with those I mean her too.

Look we don't know what happened to Axl and Slash personally. Maybe there is more behind than everyone seems to think they know. Axl is talking about it now and well that's what he is deciding to open up with at this moment in time. Wrong or right at least he is talking. I am a fan of both Axl and Slash and I just take both their words about each other with a grain of salt.

That's my boy!!!!!!! spot on and WOW, the cans on Stephanie.:lol:

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I agree Big Gun. If you don't care about your music and you think half your fans are detractors you should just fucking quit the day job.

Who is advising this guy? Management must be close to tears... This is a new low for me as a fan. Add this to the thoughts of some child being groomed to trot out Slash's solos on tour....he can take his brand of GNR and cram it.

I won't be paying his wages just to be insulted for having an opinion on the band that wrote the sound track of my life. I'm tired of being peddled some second-rate, faceless, voiceless, opinonless cabaret rock shit.

I'm just here to rubber neck the car crash and read some of the simply stunning mails that often grace this site.

As I said, a new low. Who the fuck would have thought there was one left to hit??

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

The more interviews Axl gives, the less I'm interested in what him or GN'R are up to, or planning to get up to. All he does is rag on Slash and talk about how everyone is out to get him.

If he has so much to prove with the new band, just get out there and fucking do it. Enough of the bullshit excuses. GN'R live in 2007 was one of the best rock gigs I've attended EVER, period. And I'm more of a Slash fan, so what does that tell you Axl?

Get off your fucking ass and go conquer the world with the new GN'R, because the potential is there without having to revert to slagging off ex-members. It's getting boring reading about your self pity.

Sky Dog wrote:

I sent the article to my brother...here is his response....

"funny article--he is fuckin nuts"

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

It pisses me off about how much "so called" new material there is written too. Axl mentioned back in 2006 that there were something like 30 or so songs they were working on and I think he said 25-26 were almost done. So with CD released there are another dozen or so songs left, and now he says there aren't really any and he's not interested in releasing anything anytime soon...???

Fuck man, this guy just shoots himself in the foot and looks for the nearest person to him to pass the blame.

Sky Dog wrote:

he did not say that at all about the songs....it is very safe to say there is another album of material semi ready for release.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, but he doesn't seem to to talk about it in too much of a positive light when he says "it will be released sometime in their lifetime"

Could he be any more vague or negative?

Sky Dog wrote:

I don't think he wants any expectations at all. When Axl said they were working on 32 songs, I'll take him at his word ....that is about two albums...whether or not he releases the tracks is anyone's guess. He really is just putting the kabosh to the 3-4 albums comment by Baz.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Well after reading that interview once I'm not sure what to think.

I mean I like Axl talking but the whole thing about Slash being the devil incarnate - a cancer no less - hmmmm please that's pretty extreme. 

The whole Slash took his guitar to the Hard Rock thing - I would really like to know the context of that.  I mean if he turned up to the doors of the gig guitar in hand well that's pretty stupid.  But if he checked into the hotel with his guitar - BIG DEAL!  It's like a surfer going on holiday and taking his surfboard with him.  Doesn't mean he wants to go out and catch a wave with his ex-buddies at the same break, it may just mean he wants to go somewhere else, or out by himself.  Maybe Slash likes doodleing around with his guitar in his hotel room??

I also agree with a few things Axl says about Slash's post GNR work.  I have said for a while that if Slash really wants back with Axl, then he needs to play some really amazing stuff.  He has to get Axlto the point where he says "man I really need this guy in my band, he's awesome".  To date unfortunately he has shown only glimpses of what he is truly capable of and needs to be pushed further IMHO.

As for the whole Slash wanting to take over the band, I find that hypocritical.  Whilst I don't think Slash did, even if we assume for a minute that Slash actually was trying to take over.  Well shit, wasn't that exactly what Axl was trying to do?  Axl succeeded and Slash didn't.  It doesn't change the fact when people claim that Axl was a control freak and trying to call all the shots and take everything over.  Rather than admit he was trying to take control, Axl's defence was that it was Slash that was trying to.  Well so what (even though I dont' believe it) just say that you both wanted control and that you (Axl) ultimately won out.

I will have to read that interview again and digest the things a bit more before I comment further.

I was at the gig in question, yes, Slash ALWAYS has a guitar on him.  He had it in his room of course, he is Slash. I do not think the walked up to the door with his guitar in his hand.  That was a hell of a show.  It was at the Joint and I was right infront of Robin....  I think this is a lie about Slash with guitar in hand, and worst of all, his source was Robert Fucking John...  A guy he now slams.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Big Gun wrote:

another thing that annoys me with axl is that he is not shy when it comes attacking fans. i'm not sure what he is trying to achieve with this, is just something you dont do. no mater how negative fans get ,and only a handful are really nasty, we are the paying public so at least we can have a bloody opinion. he might have a case if his music and the tour were for free.

Good Post and 95% of all GNR Fans love, I mean LOVE Slash.  The only haters are here on the boards....    There is not need to "hate" any guy that has ever worked in Guns.  I might not like Robin's playing, but personally I have no issues with him.  Axl told pretty much 95% of his fans to fuck off.  Sad thing is, he doesn't realize he did that.  He probably things everyone hates Slash like he does.  Poor guy...:slash:

Board footer