You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: Axl Rose Insists Original Guns N' Roses Lineup Is Dead and Buried

Saikin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Big Gun wrote:

another thing that annoys me with axl is that he is not shy when it comes attacking fans. i'm not sure what he is trying to achieve with this, is just something you dont do. no mater how negative fans get ,and only a handful are really nasty, we are the paying public so at least we can have a bloody opinion. he might have a case if his music and the tour were for free.

Good Post and 95% of all GNR Fans love, I mean LOVE Slash.  The only haters are here on the boards....    There is not need to "hate" any guy that has ever worked in Guns.  I might not like Robin's playing, but personally I have no issues with him.  Axl told pretty much 95% of his fans to fuck off.  Sad thing is, he doesn't realize he did that.  He probably things everyone hates Slash like he does.  Poor guy...:slash:

I really doubt Axl think everyone hates Slash like he does.  He's read the boards.  He knows how many people love Slash and he knows how many appreciate Slash's work.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Saikin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Big Gun wrote:

another thing that annoys me with axl is that he is not shy when it comes attacking fans. i'm not sure what he is trying to achieve with this, is just something you dont do. no mater how negative fans get ,and only a handful are really nasty, we are the paying public so at least we can have a bloody opinion. he might have a case if his music and the tour were for free.

Good Post and 95% of all GNR Fans love, I mean LOVE Slash.  The only haters are here on the boards....    There is not need to "hate" any guy that has ever worked in Guns.  I might not like Robin's playing, but personally I have no issues with him.  Axl told pretty much 95% of his fans to fuck off.  Sad thing is, he doesn't realize he did that.  He probably things everyone hates Slash like he does.  Poor guy...:slash:

I really doubt Axl think everyone hates Slash like he does.  He's read the boards.  He knows how many people love Slash and he knows how many appreciate Slash's work.

Then why did he tell all his supporters to fuck off?

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

If I had some fans treat me the way they treat him, I'd probably tell them to fuck off too.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Evidently I am no longer a GNR fan because I like Contraband. LOL

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I wonder how tickets sold for concerts this year will compare to 06?
2006 was a success due to the popularity of Greatest Hits imo, this time around things are much different.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Bad economy though is why the tour will be a 1/4 full.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

NO INTEREST is why the tour will be 1/4 full.

It ain't got a fuckin' thing to do with the economy, and they'll lie to themselves to convince themselves of it.

I look at this whole thing as Axl just expressing his opinion, and nothing else. Take from it what you will. We already knew he hates Slash with a purple passion, for whatever reason.

Madagas can try to rationalize the song thing all they want, it was Axl himself in 1999 that claimed like 70 songs were being worked on. IN 1999! Ten years ago.

I'm not saying things don't change, but to turn around and blame Baz basically is BULLSHIT. I'm actually giving some sympathy to Bach here. It was Axl that started it ALL. At 15 tracks a piece give or take, 70 songs is basically saying, "we're working on about 5 albums at the moment".

Now suddenly there's no material.

I used to look up to Axl as a bit of an inspiration as a rebel, but as I become wiser and life goes on... he looks crazier and crazier.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Saikin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Then why did he tell all his supporters to fuck off?

Not because they like Slash, but because they are generally really critical of him. 

I'm sorry, but I can like old GNR, new GNR, and any side projects and bands that have come since. 

Axl does touch on one very good point about Slash.  Slash stays in his comfort zone, and doesn't really push himself too much.  And his music has lacked a certain feel and energy to it for quite some time now.  That's my opinion on the matter.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Axl could have shot down the hype years ago but he blew it all up himself also.
He is the one who stood on stage saying CD was going to have X amount of songs with a bonus disc of b sides, then saying they would tour and after that they would be ready to release the next album.

The man has a well documented past of trying to change history to suit his own particular needs.

And the economy is no exuse for poor sales, music thrives and develops during hard times. Whole revolutions in music have grown throughout difficult times.

Times were tough when GNR had their glory days.

Board footer