You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Axl Rose Insists Original Guns N' Roses Lineup Is Dead and Buried

Olorin wrote:

Nah I was jesting, Rons ok in my book.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Were you across the water at the Glasgow gig then?

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I generally don't try to give the band member's a hard time. So I asked a serious question that I am interested about.

One song I truly think is classic on CD is "If The World" and I asked about how it came about etc.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

U know, Its cool we used our voice as a GNR community and were heard.

we wanted more input with the new band members so we could interact and build closer bonds with them and here it is.

I like that.

AtariLegend wrote:

^^^ No, I've never seen them live.

I have seen "Velvet Revolver" in Belfast of course...

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I also firmly believe that any hope that GNR are simply waiting for the Best Buy exclusive to be over is completely misplaced. I think no one is driving this thing and we've seen/heard the last.

No matter how much I wish it were different.

last i heard management was still on payroll. seems like an easy objective for the band to accept from mangement:

irving: "best buy is offering to buy 1 and half million copies up front for a six month exclusive deal including 1 video."

axl: "what do i have to do?"

irving: "nothing. when we decide to do the video we'll take whatever song we decide to go with and add the pre-existing live footage to it. when the 6 months is up we are free and that's when you gotta be ready to go back to work."

axl: "so what do i do for the next 6 months?"

irving: "do whatever you want. go back to being a wierd and lazy rich person."

Olorin

Olorin wrote:
-D- wrote:

I generally don't try to give the band member's a hard time. So I asked a serious question that I am interested about.

One song I truly think is classic on CD is "If The World" and I asked about how it came about etc.

Chris spoke about ITW on a radio interview, I think it was the leith fm interview. I think I deleted it, but it was a decent interview.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

They have cocooned the guy and gotten him so fraught about Slash, the media etc that he cannot move forward. They have ruthlessley played on his insecurities to bind him to where he is.

That is one perspective.

This might sound controversial,  but I actually think Axl has done pretty well for himself considering his situation. Let me explain why...

Without wanting to sound disrespectful to him, I think it's fair to say that he clearly has capacity to feel things deeply and be hurt by them, and that historically, he's been involved in a fair amount of controversy...which may or may not be his fault.

That's who he is...so considering that....look at some of the other things that could have happened...then consider some of the achievments:

1. Rock Didn't kill him. It sounds silly, but think of Cobain, Morrison, Hendrix, Bon Scott. Axl was MASSIVE back in the UYI period...and he managed to avoid heading down that road.

2. He isn't hooked on drugs. Old GNR was like a time bomb. A kickass band...but watching it growing up I wondered who would die first from the excesses.

3. He hasn't killed himself. Many people who feel things as complexly as Axl take that way out, songs like estranged talk about related issues. He gets mocked for it...but its clear his relationships deeply upset him emotionally, and if you add to that the way the old band and friendships fell appart...a lot of people wouldn't recover from that.

4. He got control of his business afairs. Hey - some of us may not like his decisions - but let's face it - from his perspective - he's done the smart thing - rightly or wrongly a lot of the controversy revolved around him - cancelled shows, riots etc - imagine if they'd kicked him out of the band and got a new front man. But he has put himself in a situation where he has control of his art, and no one can force him to do stuff he doesnt want to do. Like i say - some fans may not like the results..but from his side of things...it's a good result.

5. He keeps at it. Sure its taken a long time and whatever. But think for a sec about how good original GNR is, and what a task it really is to establish something else at the same level. People on here want to call him a coward and all that - but if you ask me its a brave man that will even attempt something as massive as trying to emulate that. Now from my perspective, the new album is a different beast, but he has made a kickass album, and I respect that, a lot of people would have just hung up their musical boots after old guns.

Anyway, i'm just saying, we don't know these people you talk about, sure some fans are unahppy that he hasn't lived the life they'd want him to live, but it's quite possible that Axl's "family" actually keep him out of even worse situations.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

^  axlite rubbish..............

j/k ofcourse - I agree

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

I dont think those are really achievements though, the same can be said for most people who have some kind of support.
He did seem very happy and content in 2006 though, I must admit I was pleased when I seen him live and he looked so comfortable and happy on  stage. Some of the concerts I viewed from the old days and 2002, it all seemed a bit contrived and forced at times.
If he is truly content then more power to him, I still dont welcome the bad attitude he still shows though.

Board footer