You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: RUMOR: Axl "will not be cooperating any further on the albums release"

Neemo wrote:

how about instead of "NEWS" i rename this thread to "RUMOR" wink

if its true its just more passig of the proverbial buck...there have been comments of the video in the past few updates and now they are gearing up to a fan Q&A for the new band for the first time...also signs are pointing to a tour. If axl was not keen on promoting the album in any way shape or form then i doubt we would be seeing anything...the only problem we have here is "Failure to COmmunicate" effectively and that Axl moves to the beat of his own drum, when Axl is ready then things will roll

Otis Western
 Rep: 0 

Otis Western wrote:

"Axl won't be cooperating any further??"

This has got to be bogus. When did he ever start?

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I always thought Axls appearance on the boards was a smoke screen. An attempt to try paste over the cracks and quell the growing wave of resentment building up over the utter ineptitude of GN'R. I guess this new Q&A is much the same thing.

I wonder if Axl serectly got turned on by the myth and rumour about his genious, when in reality he was just sitting at home in his tin foil hat, sticking forks in a Slash voodoo doll.
Thats why he is continuing the charade that something mighty and magical is just around the corner, but first he has to conquer the evil doers who want to destroy him, only then can he make his triumphant return. As long as there are some believers out there that he can moniter online on the boards, then he can even fool himself that all the hot air and pipe dreams could become reality.
Honestly ever since this album was released the fans have just been strung along with the same empty promises and excuses that have been banded around since the turn of the millenium.
Its all getting  a bit boring now.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

IF they tour, that would be cooperating with promoting the album, wouldn't it?  Unless it's AFD tour #4.  I'll admit it's quite strange there's no videos at this point.  It'd be one thing if they never discussed videos, but Axl came out and said the video would be released soon.  He should've just kept his mouth shut about that.  Maybe they're waiting until tour plans are in place.....  hopefully.

AtariLegend wrote:

I can't believe a random post on another forum suddenly constitutes a thread.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I was never expecting to see the video surface. This is a surprise? 16

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Arcade Roses wrote:
Neemo wrote:

[...] Axl moves to the beat of his own drum, when Axl is ready then things will roll

I agree and that's what sucks for the long-time, devoted fans like us on the boards.

I believe he probably will tour and promote this further though in some capacities later, but I believe this general 'silence' and such will continue for long periods as this is what has characterised the GN'R world so often of late.  And that is where the huge and overt anti-climax comes from.  It's sad - really.  (And is probably not any one person's fault, IMHO, though there are of course guilty parties.)

faldor wrote:

IF they tour, that would be cooperating with promoting the album, wouldn't it?  Unless it's AFD tour #4.

I believe at least a new tour will at least see them tour behind the new material.  Like Bumblefoot said a while back.  Logic cannot dictate otherwise at this point - even in GN'R land.

GN'R cannot afford 'empty seats' this time.  No AFD tour this time around - my bet.

It'd be one thing if they never discussed videos, but Axl came out and said the video would be released soon.  He should've just kept his mouth shut about that.

When exactly did Axl's forum posts occur (as I wasn't online too much around then): early December 2008?  Plans could have changed since then - and of course, 'Pygmy' guy (who posted that thread) referenced Axl's posts in his correspondence.

Olorin - good post.

AR

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Touring around an album that nobody bought isn't going to sell seats either.  There's only one option for selling seats to a GnR show, and Axl made it clear that isn't happening.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah, the 2 million people who bought the album is no one.

Board footer