You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

Re: Slash Myspace, Facebook, and Twitter updates

elmir wrote:

Oh, I agree, I just get the impression that slash often comments on something without knowing much about it, then when he tries it, he gets all into it...I remember him not liking mainstream little pop starlets, and now he's with Fergie every day...same with this 24 hour online thing...don't get me wrong, I fucking love it...my favorite guitar player...and he keeps me updated all the time...it just felt odd for a moment...but maybe I'm just reading too much into it...

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
elmir wrote:

does anybody find this a little bit hypocritical...?

i'm referring to slash's constant ranting about how he will never do reality shows, with it being the lowest form of entertainment....but updating of your life status on facebook and twitter is kind of....a reality show in itself..??

anyone feel the same?

Yes.  I hate twitter. 

I don't care who has a twitter, I wouldn't follow them.

slashsfro

slashsfro wrote:

Oh, I agree, I just get the impression that slash often comments on something without knowing much about it, then when he tries it, he gets all into it...I remember him not liking mainstream little pop starlets, and now he's with Fergie every day...same with this 24 hour online thing...don't get me wrong, I fucking love it...my favorite guitar player...and he keeps me updated all the time...it just felt odd for a moment...but maybe I'm just reading too much into it...

In his defense, I don't think he's doing stuff with all the pop starlets.  Maybe he really digs her voice and talent.  I hate twitter too but if he's using it to update his fans about his upcoming album and giving information it's fine by me.  Unfortunately, it seems that twitter has become a new promotional tool for artists.  Slash is just keeping up with the times.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

From Myspace:
-----------

April 24, 2009 - Friday

weekly update!
Hey, I hope everybody is doing well, these are some pretty harsh times we're experiencing at present. But, I feel optimistic that things are going to get better in relatively short order. I have faith in our new president, especially after 8 years of having absolutely no faith in the last one whatsoever. Obama seems to be on the path to righteousness, I guess we'll just have to watch & wait.

Anyway, hard at work in the studio, we are 6 tracks into it & it sounds really great, great playing & super killer tones, not to mention stellar vocals so far. I'm still not at liberty to publically divulge any singer's names, but trust me, they're amazing. I know a lot of you out there know who at least some of them are.

I will however, give you working titles for a couple songs; "we're all gonna die" is one, "These last words" is another. There is one song called "Crucify the dead" & another called "Beautiful, dangerous. We have about 8 songs left to record & I'm really excited about every one.

On the VR front, not a whole lot news to report singerwise , which is a drag. But, this is one of those situations where just when you're ready to give up, something great happens. So, we're hanging in there until then, no matter what.

That seems to be all that's fit to update, other then I missed Jeff Beck 2 nights in a row this week, which is a bummer. I did record some bitchin' guitar stuff instead though.........but still.

Ok boys & girls, gotta go, see you next week.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i'm so stoked for his solo album 21

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I dunno, when I read all this Twitter stuff, it doesn't come across as sounding like Slash writing this stuff. Just from having read plenty of Slash interviews over the years, this doesn't sound like him.

My guess is someone else is posting this updates on his behalf.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

What the heck is Twitter anyway? Can't be arsed with all of the social networking sites

slashsfro

slashsfro wrote:

What the heck is Twitter anyway? Can't be arsed with all of the social networking sites

This is a social network site where you sign up and the celebrity/brand name sends updates to either your account or your cell phone.  It is basically a more accesible version of myspace/facebook.

I will however, give you working titles for a couple songs; "we're all gonna die" is one, "These last words" is another. There is one song called "Crucify the dead" & another called "Beautiful, dangerous. We have about 8 songs left to record & I'm really excited about every one.

Crucify the dead definitely sounds like either an Alice Cooper or Ozzy Osbourne song.  He has eight more songs to go?  That means that 14 songs are going to be on the album.  Yes!

Anybody have any idea when the projected release date of the album is going to be?

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Anybody have any idea when the projected release date of the album is going to be?

I thought it was supposed to come out around mid-year, but I reckon it'll probably come out around September, so it will have proper promo leading up to it's release etc

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

I thought it was supposed to come out around mid-year, but I reckon it'll probably come out around September, so it will have proper promo leading up to it's release etc

I'd say late fall. We dodn't even know which company will release it. Didn't Slash say something a few months back about the problems the economic crisis caused?

Board footer