You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: "I'm playing the new songs, Frank the old ones"

misterID wrote:

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard involving this band.

Pick a fucking drummer.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
misterID wrote:

Pick a fucking drummer.

While it would be in the top 5.  I think there was actually dumber things than this in GNR and that is scary.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Both guys seem like really cool people, but I think we need to just go with Frank, and start anew, leave the Bucket/Brain era behind.

It's major retardation when you think about it.

Brain has recorded the CD songs, and rehearsed and performed live the old era songs on many occasions, so why not just have him be the drummer?

Yet on the flip side...

Frank has rehearsed all the old era songs, and performed them live on many occasions, and for the setlist to have existed, the one in 2006-07, Frank also knows MOST of CD on drums any way, and has rehearsed it for live performances. So why not just have him on drums?

This boils down to the plain fact, that both guys are cool, and they like both, and don't want to get rid of either.

But it just feeds further into the joke. Excluding Axl, Tommy, Dizzy & Chris...

DJ Ashba is going to be performing old era songs recorded by Slash and new era songs recorded by Robin

Ron is going to be performing old era songs recorded by Slash and new era songs recorded by Buckethead

Richard is going to be performing old era songs recorded by Izzy, and new era songs recorded by Paul

Brain is going to be performing new era songs, some of which recorded by Josh Freese (although Brain does have a majority writing credit)

Frank is going to be performing old era songs originally performed by Steven & Matt

Sweet living Christ how this is the joke of the century. This is a cover band of the cover band of the original cover band AFTER Slash, Duff & Matt left, which was to be a cover band of the old band.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

The idea of two drummers is pretty stupid, but it makes me wonder how committed Brain is to GNR if they are keeping Frank around.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I don't think that having two drummers would be that awful. Nick Cve & The Bad Seeds had 2 drummers on their last tour (in fact they had three, since multi-instrumentalist Mick Harvey played drums on a few songs). Jim Sclavunos played the heavier songs and Thomas Wylder played the other stuff. Sometimes both of them were on stage. They worked pretty good.

Bad Seeds even had the two drummers for their double album, Abattoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus - Jim played on the first, Thomas on the second disc.

To tell the truth I always thought that Brain played the new and Frank the old stuff better. So it's not a bad idea, although they'll have like 20 people in the 'GN'R family'.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Pick a fucking drummer.

The blunt truth of this post has me cracking up. Nicely done dude. 1622

Pick Brain.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Both guys seem like really cool people, but I think we need to just go with Frank, and start anew, leave the Bucket/Brain era behind.

It's major retardation when you think about it.

Brain has recorded the CD songs, and rehearsed and performed live the old era songs on many occasions, so why not just have him be the drummer?

Yet on the flip side...

Frank has rehearsed all the old era songs, and performed them live on many occasions, and for the setlist to have existed, the one in 2006-07, Frank also knows MOST of CD on drums any way, and has rehearsed it for live performances. So why not just have him on drums?

This boils down to the plain fact, that both guys are cool, and they like both, and don't want to get rid of either.

But it just feeds further into the joke. Excluding Axl, Tommy, Dizzy & Chris...

DJ Ashba is going to be performing old era songs recorded by Slash and new era songs recorded by Robin

Ron is going to be performing old era songs recorded by Slash and new era songs recorded by Buckethead

Richard is going to be performing old era songs recorded by Izzy, and new era songs recorded by Paul

Brain is going to be performing new era songs, some of which recorded by Josh Freese (although Brain does have a majority writing credit)

Frank is going to be performing old era songs originally performed by Steven & Matt

Sweet living Christ how this is the joke of the century. This is a cover band of the cover band of the original cover band AFTER Slash, Duff & Matt left, which was to be a cover band of the old band.

Well TBH none of us should really be phased or concerned by the revolving door. Also Megadeth only has one remaining member and have went through numerous different lineups and know one seems to mind too much with them. Only difference is productivity.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Well TBH none of us should really be phased or concerned by the revolving door. Also Megadeth only has one remaining member and have went through numerous different lineups and know one seems to mind too much with them. Only difference is productivity.

That's because Megadeth's lead singer and lead guitarist are the same fucking person. 16

AtariLegend wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Axl S wrote:

That's because Megadeth's lead singer and lead guitarist are the same fucking person. 16

You know Axl has played lead guitar on several Guns N' Roses tracks... x_rudolph.gif

...Before anyone reads this, I'm joking.

Board footer