You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: "I'm playing the new songs, Frank the old ones"

tejastech08 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Well TBH none of us should really be phased or concerned by the revolving door. Also Megadeth only has one remaining member and have went through numerous different lineups and know one seems to mind too much with them. Only difference is productivity.

That's because Megadeth's lead singer and lead guitarist are the same fucking person. 16

You know Axl has played lead guitar on several Guns N' Roses tracks... http://www.mygnrforum.com/style_emotico … udolph.gif

...Before anyone reads this, I'm joking.

The sad thing is that it won't be long before Axl claims that he's the one who wrote and played the solos on Appetite. He keeps going further and further over the cliff every year so that's pretty much what I expect from him at this point. 16

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Every man and his dog is on the album, the tour wouldnt be much different. Tommy aluded to that in his interview, but he'd be happy as a 5 piece.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

just fucking bizarre

It wouldn't surprise if Brain was actually being sarcastic.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

So wheres the new extra singer to handle the songs Axl cant...
this is a ridiculous ideo, drums aint that important are they? surely there is a 1 drummer fits all

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

I'm still hoping for a cowbell player.

Sky Dog wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

I don't think that having two drummers would be that awful. Nick Cve & The Bad Seeds had 2 drummers on their last tour (in fact they had three, since multi-instrumentalist Mick Harvey played drums on a few songs). Jim Sclavunos played the heavier songs and Thomas Wylder played the other stuff. Sometimes both of them were on stage. They worked pretty good.

Bad Seeds even had the two drummers for their double album, Abattoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus - Jim played on the first, Thomas on the second disc.

To tell the truth I always thought that Brain played the new and Frank the old stuff better. So it's not a bad idea, although they'll have like 20 people in the 'GN'R family'.

The Allman Brothers Band has always had two drummers. Just sayin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHhKnc0XZrs

oh yeah, and Duane is a true rock guitar god....RIP.

AtariLegend wrote:

I know that this won't happen, but seeing as "Chris Vrenna" one of the original sessions players, is one of these two drummers... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lzb-jYZrLE

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

didnt vrenna turn them down? didnt even play a single drum beat with GnR...i think Axl approached him but he said no

EDIT: Apparently he played for a couple weeks before walking...my bad

sic. wrote:

Another NIN alumni, Chris Vrenna, was approached to replace Matt Sorum.

"April of '[97], right after Matt Sorum left the band, [...] I got a call from those guys about going down and jamming. [...] Duff was still in it. [...] They had already gotten Robin Finck. [...] [Axl] is super well-listened. He was always a big Nails fan. [...] They wanted the option of experimenting with electronics. [...] My role was supposed to be drumming and programming." (Chris Vrenna, Spin, 07/99)

"'I did [it] for a couple weeks, but then decided I didn’t want to join the band,' says Vrenna." (Chris Vrenna, Audiohead.net, 07/02)

"They sent me a contract to continue to work with the band. [...] They wanted to guarantee that people would do the album and commit to the tour. With the shake-up that [the] band [had], I think Axl was just looking for a little stability." (Chris Vrenna, Spin, 07/99)

"'They were trying to get ideas together, see who was compatible with who as far as a band vibe,' says former Nine Inch Nails drummer Chris Vrenna, who came in for a few sessions in the spring of 1997 when late ­night jams (10 P.M. to 6 A.M.) were still taking place at the Complex. Vrenna turned down a drumming spot in GN'R to work on a record of his own. 'It was going to be a long commitment,' Vrenna says. 'There was no firm lineup. Axl had a definite direction he ultimately wanted to head toward, but at the time there wasn't even a song yet.'" (Rolling Stone, 05/11/00)

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 760#p54760

AtariLegend wrote:

Well Axl was a big NIN fan... and that video does have two drummers.

I'm just throwing it out there, in the unlikely chance that two drummers was intentional.

Board footer