You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: "I'm playing the new songs, Frank the old ones"

misterID wrote:

Seriously, I can't believe how much this band has changed since 2002. It doesn't even resemble itself anymore. Holy shit. People have favorite new line ups now. That's mind blowing.

What's scary is that they have material for a new album with songs that are about 10 years old. I'm sure there's a lot of cool music there from the 2002 line up, but now I'm afraid with a new guitarist in Ron and a new-new guitarist in that DJ, that the next album is also going to sound like Rob Zombie took a big old over-produced shit on it like CD sad

For the love of God get a producer to structure this shit and tell Axl, "No, Axl, you don't need another guitar track. The nine you have right now is just fine."

For the record I love CD, but it's not as good as those early leaks, save If The World.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Acquiesce, Axl keeps Frank around because he knows Brain has the balls to get up and leave whenever he feels like he's being jerked around.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Acquiesce, Axl keeps Frank around because he knows Brain has the balls to get up and leave whenever he feels like he's being jerked around.

That might be true.  So many people have left over the years, maybe Axl feels at this point he can't afford to burn any more bridges.  That's why once Brain said he wanted back in, he's in, in some way.  And why he hasn't bashed Robin on his way out the door.  Maybe some day if DJ, Ron, or Richard bolts, Robin could feasibly come back with no hard feelings.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

i have found myself stuggling with my fandom in the wake of recent changes. i wasnt the biggest robin fan but by god, we are beyond absurd.

that said i still plan on seeing them when they come around.

Sky Dog wrote:

maybe the four piece Tommy was talking about was him, Axl, Pitman, and Dizzy! The only four left who were there when the new band was officially formed in 1998. 14 They could do an all piano, keyboards, and acoustic guitar tour. 16

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Actually, I think Brain and Frank is there because Axl is waaay to nice about people in the band. So when Brain left for some daddy time, they got Frank and now they're in with two drummers because Axl can't choose and doesn't wanna choose.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

faldor wrote:
bigbri wrote:

That might be true.  So many people have left over the years, maybe Axl feels at this point he can't afford to burn any more bridges.  That's why once Brain said he wanted back in, he's in, in some way.  And why he hasn't bashed Robin on his way out the door.  Maybe some day if DJ, Ron, or Richard bolts, Robin could feasibly come back with no hard feelings.

That's why they use this GNR 'family' term. Whilst it obvious to all that it's a revolving door, by using this 'family' term it makes it sound like they're all GNR who can come and go. When someone's out they can either call on an old face (lets face it there's about a hundred of them) or bring in a new 'family' member.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
faldor wrote:
bigbri wrote:

That's why they use this GNR 'family' term. Whilst it obvious to all that it's a revolving door, by using this 'family' term it makes it sound like they're all GNR who can come and go. When someone's out they can either call on an old face (lets face it there's about a hundred of them) or bring in a new 'family' member.

Well there's SOME ex members who don't seem likely to be a welcomed re-addition.  Not mentioning any names.  21

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

faldor wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
faldor wrote:

Well there's SOME ex members who don't seem likely to be a welcomed re-addition.  Not mentioning any names.  21

Yeah, I hate that Gary Sunshine, good riddance!

yarno
 Rep: 0 

yarno wrote:

I think it sounds just perfect - the amazing Brain is one of the few (so far) of the CD lineup who's up for touring behind it. If frank is ok with replacing adler and sorum, more power to him - he's actually quite good at that i think.

As much as I (like few I guess) love fincks CD work, he's prob not the best in the world to recreate it on stage with the madness train called guns, neither is slash (IMHO) anymore - Dj seems like a pretty solid player who can handle the task.

The CD sessions holds some cool shit by guitarists who wont tour behind it - shame, but it's cut and paste mayhem anyway, let some touring guys do it. get some attention and money - then put axl, goose and friends back in the studio and and lets get CD2 in what 2..4.....6...16 years?

It might not be your typical rock band, but neither is spring - and i love that big_smile

~peace

Board footer