You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: "I'm playing the new songs, Frank the old ones"

Axlin16 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Acquiesce, Axl keeps Frank around because he knows Brain has the balls to get up and leave whenever he feels like he's being jerked around.

I don't think it's about 'balls', I think Brain, like Bucket, doesn't need Guns to work and be happy.

Frank is cool, but I think is in that awestruck, starstruck phase, that he's just mindblown being able to be the drummer in a big rock band like GN'R.

I think Axl can control that situation more.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

Fuck picking one or the other... I want both of them on each song.  Do like a dueling banjos sort of thing... Or what would be really interesting, put them both behind the same kit.  Brain's kit is big enough for two people anyway.  17

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:
Axl in Spinner interview wrote:

The rehearsals with Dave Abruzzesse and Pod as a duo were really cool; it was a shame then that it didn't work out but seemed for the best once we found Josh.

I assume he's talking about Chris Vrenna, whose nickname in NIN was Podboy. But it sounds like Axl isn't averse to the idea of two drummers sharing the stage.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Two drummers, why the fuck not, he's already got three guitar players and two keyboardists. roll

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Yeah why the fuck not then. Fuck it, let Brain do the new things. I'd rather see that than no Brain at all.

helenluna
 Rep: 3 

helenluna wrote:

I like Brain better, but that's just because I think he's fun. Frank, I know not much about him, I'm in debt of researching about the guy.

I know little about their skills, seems both are equally good in different ways and so if they want to go both on tour, why not?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I liked franks drumming when I saw them live in 07 - no complaints - in fact I think he handles YCBM and some of the older songs in a better way than what i've seen on brain on bootlegs....so this could be the best of both worlds.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Maybe they can just settle this with a thumb war.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Not to downgrade Brain by comparing him to Matt, but Brain is a 'technical' drummer, with tons of ability, and human drum machine style.

Frank is alot closer to Steven imo. I think that's why Frank sounded so good on the Appetite tracks, because Frank has more rhythm, a groove, like Steven did.

They're both fantastic drummers. I think Axl knows this, and this is the reason we're dealing with two drummers. Frank sounds best on AFD & Lies, and Brain sounds best on UYI & CD.

Board footer